Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 3500 Steering towards the right

keeb

Reaction score
Hey everyone I’m sorry if this has been posted before but I recently bought a 2020 Ram 3500 single rear wheel a few days ago. Driving it back from the dealership I noticed that to go straight I had to turn the steering wheel a little towards the left and if I centered the steering wheel the truck would veer towards the right. I just got it back from the dealer today and they told me the heavy duty’s steer towards the right naturally. They did adjust the tow on it but I didn’t notice any difference in the way it drove. I still have to turn the steering wheel a little towards the left to go straight.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hey everyone I’m sorry if this has been posted before but I recently bought a 2020 Ram 3500 single rear wheel a few days ago. Driving it back from the dealership I noticed that to go straight I had to turn the steering wheel a little towards the left and if I centered the steering wheel the truck would veer towards the right. I just got it back from the dealer today and they told me the heavy duty’s steer towards the right naturally. They did adjust the tow on it but I didn’t notice any difference in the way it drove. I still have to turn the steering wheel a little towards the left to go straight.
Your dealer is full of **** they need to do a proper alignment

Squatch

Reaction score
Yeah, your dealership is full of it. Go get the Thuren specs from their website tech section and either do it yourself or take it to a real alignment shop that knows what they are doing, lifted or not those alignment specs work on these trucks. My caster angle was stupid off from the factory.

Big Blue

Reaction score
Mine was out of alignment on my 2021. It also drifted to the right. The toe was off as well as the camber. They re-aligned it and it's much better.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine pulls to the right under braking and I don't think it's the brakes.

I have a list growing for when I can find time to drop it off at the dealer.

They're going to need to keep it for a while...

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Mine pulls to the right under braking and I don't think it's the brakes.

I have a list growing for when I can find time to drop it off at the dealer.

They're going to need to keep it for a while...
If its pulling while braking it is probably needing the brakes serviced not replaced but cleaned up

Lary0071

Reaction score
It's a simple drag link adjusting sleeve change needed. I would do it myself since it has nothing to with wheel alignment. It is steering wheel alignment.
If the truck is pulling to the right that would be different, but on a solid axle you have only toe adjustment. There is not much to it. If you add aftermarket adjustable radius arms you can roll more caster in or out, or you can lengthen/shorten one side pair to rotate the axle compared to the frame centerline.... But your OEM truck has camber welded in place, caster is welded in place and the only thing you have left is toe.

Simple 5 minute fix in the driveway.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Just turn it a little to the left. You’re welcome.

Just playing. It isn’t the toe that needed to be adjusted, just the drag link. Your dealer is not very smart.

Users who are viewing this thread