Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 2500/Reese Goose Box/Swingcase toolbox

4everEOD

Reaction score
Have 2019 Ram 2500 ccsb. Thinking of adding a Reese Goose box to my 5th wheel and also adding a swingcase tool box to the passenger side. Anyone know if I will have issues with the clearance?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Have 2019 Ram 2500 ccsb. Thinking of adding a Reese Goose box to my 5th wheel and also adding a swingcase tool box to the passenger side. Anyone know if I will have issues with the clearance?
No the swing case is below the bed rails you should never come anywhere near it

Redfour5

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I was aware the boxes would not be in the way but wish I had Ramboxes.

IF I go the fifth wheel route (presently with a TT), I will be looking at the GenY articulating hitch https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=Gen+Y+gooseneck+Hitch I have the road armor suspension already https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Leaf-Spring-Suspension/Lippert/LC696740.html

Here in Montana, I have some "secret" spots less than two hours from home including beautiful Nat Forest spots (No Reserve) that are relatively untraveled (you can find good spots on July 4th for example) but it is because they are 20 miles down dirt usually county roads. It keeps the riff raff out. The suspension pieces are because of that.

Benson

Reaction score
I have an Aerostar 35 ft 5th wheel and I have seen some people convert to a gooseneck hitch for their 5th wheels. What is the advantage to converting? Also do those Road Armor link reduse the bumps and shocks alot?

Bombaman

Reaction score
I have an Aerostar 35 ft 5th wheel and I have seen some people convert to a gooseneck hitch for their 5th wheels. What is the advantage to converting? Also do those Road Armor link reduse the bumps and shocks alot?
2lb Gooseball vs 200lb 5th wheel hitch. If you want to use your bed for things other than just mounting a hitch the Gooseball pinbox is the go. BTBRV has a video on some of the comparison -
The Reese one also incorporates more suspension than a RotoFlex style box with the shocks and AirBag.

Road Armor - I use the MORryde system, its not chalk and cheese, but does help reduce it a bit.

KneeDeep

Reaction score
Space in the bed and you don’t have to deal with lugging the heavy 5th wheel in/out of the truck. Also you don’t need to store it when not being used, takes up a lot of storage space.

I just installed mine yesterday.

Attachments

• 93733B9B-E6AB-4A36-AFC1-9D97168738E7.jpeg
    93733B9B-E6AB-4A36-AFC1-9D97168738E7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Space in the bed and you don’t have to deal with lugging the heavy 5th wheel in/out of the truck. Also you don’t need to store it when not being used, takes up a lot of storage space.

I just installed mine yesterday.
Just some quick counters to your statements:

You still cant put anything in the swing zone of the pin box goose ball or not, if you keep the hitch on the pin of the trailer it takes no space to store and the trailer lifts it out for you

And most importantly its illegal to tow ball to ball here so to double tow you need to keep a 5th wheel pin

Nice setup though

Users who are viewing this thread