Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Mega Cab Rear Driver Side Seat Not Reclining

Xplode

Reaction score
My rear seat is reclining perfectly on the rear passenger side. However when I pull the lever to recline the rear seat on the driver side I have no tension in the cable. I went ahead and inspected the cable and lever and they are connected to one another correctly. When following the cable I was able to find out in was unattached on the opposite end. It looks like the cable wraps around and is located with the lever used to fold the seats flat to the floor. I tried to remove the plastic piece to reattach the cable but was only able to locate a single 5/16 bolt that didn’t loosen the plastic piece enough to take it off. The local dealership told me it would take two full days to troubleshoot and begin working on the issue… could someone help me in removing the plastic piece that hides where the cable connects? I don’t know the exact name of this piece as my truck was lacking a manual upon purchase. I can add photos if more helpful. Thank you

Mbrockman6

Reaction score
I’m having a similar issue, but mine is due to a broken lever (the fold-flat lever under the seat)…

Is it difficult to remove the handle/lever under the seat at all? I can’t figure it out without randomly removing pieces.

Xplode

Reaction score
I’m having a similar issue, but mine is due to a broken lever (the fold-flat lever under the seat)…

Is it difficult to remove the handle/lever under the seat at all? I can’t figure it out without randomly removing pieces.
I haven’t figured out how to take that plastic piece off fully. I feel like it’s got to be pretty simple but I didn’t want to force it and break it as my truck is still under full warranty and I just don’t want to wait two days. Aside from the single 5/16th bolt I can’t figure out how to remove that piece. I believe the cable I’m having issues with and the lever that’s an issue for you are located in the same place.

Users who are viewing this thread