Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 dash warnings going crazy

dbauman

Reaction score
Hey all! I hope this is the right page. I talked my husband in to buying a new ram 2500 in 2019. We have had all kinds of problems, but the biggest is the electrical. The dash lights/warnings go on and off randomly. The fuel gauge swings up and down. The jake break stays on. Check Engine light stays on. Remote start does not work. Just an absolute mess. Contacted FCA and our dealer and they say Chrysler "knows of the problem" but there is no fix. Anyone else have the same problem or any recommendations?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hey all! I hope this is the right page. I talked my husband in to buying a new ram 2500 in 2019. We have had all kinds of problems, but the biggest is the electrical. The dash lights/warnings go on and off randomly. The fuel gauge swings up and down. The jake break stays on. Check Engine light stays on. Remote start does not work. Just an absolute mess. Contacted FCA and our dealer and they say Chrysler "knows of the problem" but there is no fix. Anyone else have the same problem or any recommendations?
Id go to a different dealer also look up the lemon laws in your state

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Make sure all your fuses are tight. There have been a number of people that had loose fuses that caused them problems.

flan

Reaction score
Check all the grounds especially the ones by the driver side battery (located on the inside of the fender) also check those fuses as mentioned the 19s had a run of them not fully seated from the factory. The dealer is full of BS this is not a common problem. May be time to find a new one or call ramcares. What’s your location, maybe someone local knows of a better shop.

Lary0071

Reaction score
Agree with what is said above and I will tell you that my 2019 truck was flawless from the day of delivery. It is not normal or okay to have electrical/wiring issues with that truck. Change dealers, call Ram Cares, get on it and get it documented. If they do not sort it out, use the lemon law in your favor and get out of that machine. If not fixed, the machine will likely carry these headaches forward and never be made right.

Your experience is not typical, expected or to be tolerated.
Ram builds fabulous trucks and you should expect nothing less. I have had a 2017, 2019 and 2021 and not 1 has had a warranty issue.

dbauman

Reaction score
Id go to a different dealer also look up the lemon laws in your state
Thank you ! We have been to 2 different dealers and contacted FCA. They say the truck is fine to drive while they work on a fix. I will look into lemon laws as the truck is 2 years old.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Thank you ! We have been to 2 different dealers and contacted FCA. They say the truck is fine to drive while they work on a fix. I will look into lemon laws as the truck is 2 years old.

Check you states lemon laws, I'm betting you may be beyond that now. I know Georgia is 24 months from date of purchase and less than 24k miles and the dealer must have made 3 attempts to fix + 1 final attempt (4 in all). Some states require x number of days at a dealership etc.

dbauman

Reaction score
Check you states lemon laws, I'm betting you may be beyond that now. I know Georgia is 24 months from date of purchase and less than 24k miles and the dealer must have made 3 attempts to fix + 1 final attempt (4 in all). Some states require x number of days at a dealership etc.

Thank you! I just filled out the Lemon Law even though we are at 26 months , but under the mileage. Dealer says there is no option to fix the car. Crazy. Turning indicators do not work, exhaust brake stuck on all the time. Ugh. I feel bad for talking my husband into Dodge. I have always been a dodge fan and he has been Ford (kid is Chevy LOL). I got him out of his Ford finally and then all this happens.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thank you! I just filled out the Lemon Law even though we are at 26 months , but under the mileage. Dealer says there is no option to fix the car. Crazy. Turning indicators do not work, exhaust brake stuck on all the time. Ugh. I feel bad for talking my husband into Dodge. I have always been a dodge fan and he has been Ford (kid is Chevy LOL). I got him out of his Ford finally and then all this happens.
Thats just a rare case rams are much better than ford and gm i was a mechanic for over 10 years and ford and gm have always been the problemmatic ones

dbauman

Reaction score
Thats just a rare case rams are much better than ford and gm i was a mechanic for over 10 years and ford and gm have always been the problemmatic ones
Thank you! I appreciate your taking the time to tell me this. I will pass it on to the hubs :)

Nmerc

Reaction score
Was there ever a fix for this? I’m having the same issue on my 19 ram 3500 now

Users who are viewing this thread