Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 3500 Dually 6.7 uses a lot of fuel during regen

jrrando

Reaction score
It seems like this thing regens a lot. I can get out on the highway and run it a little and it will do its thing and reset. Fuel gauge goes down enough that I can notice. How much fuel do these things use during a regen cycle? Filter prob not plugged as it does reset. Are there "pressure" type sensors on both sides that trigger a regen?
Thanks for any help.

jkempken

Reaction score
When mine goes through a regen I normally drop about 3-4 MPG for about 20-25 miles.

jrrando

Reaction score
I’m not talking about a drop in mpg….the actual gauge drops a noticeable amount.

How can putting that much fuel into the exhaust to clean a filter make any sense?

Aketay

Reaction score
How often is yours doing the regen?

jrrando

Reaction score
Seems like every time I drive it…I’m lucky and have a work car so it doesn’t get driven much. I have the CEL code for regen too often P2459

jrrando

Reaction score
Update….I change the pressure sensor for the dpf. I dont think that was it….what I did do was bounce it off the rev limiter a few times and left it there for a few seconds. I don’t think you can really hurt these things if your sensible about it. It completely changed the way the dpf regens. Maybe it had to be blown out? I am on a trip towing 16k 5th wheel. Changed the sensor and ran it hard just before we left. It went into regen the first 10 minutes into our trip. Hasn’t regen’d again….over 300 miles. It used to do it every 20 miles it seemed.

Hope this continues….fuel consumption is way down since it’s not going into regen every time I drive it.

Crossing my fingers…..

2019 3500 dually 110000 miles

Users who are viewing this thread