Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 6.4L tuners

jnma1234

Reaction score
I have a 2014 2500 with a 6.4 L gas motor, and I was wondering if anybody could give me advice on a tuner to delete MDS as well as adjust for tire size, shift points, ect.

Thanks

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
If you really want to disable MDS, I think possibly Diablosport will do it. But from what I have seen, none of the options like Range Technology, Tazer, etc... work.

If you're just looking to turn it off, you can prevent it from kicking in by turning on the gear limit or using tow/haul mode (both require doing so each time you drive the truck).

As for adjusting for tire size, AlfaOBD or the ProCal Snap seem to be the most popular options around here.

Darkside

Reaction score
I have the Diablo Sport on my 2015 1500, it can disable the MDS and change tire size, you shouldn’t have a problem with the 2014, my 2015 required an unlocked PCM that was an extra cost…

jnma1234

Reaction score
Thanks for your help.

I have been limiting the gear selector to 4th in town to get the RPMs up because I thought it was lugging and vibrating, but I think the MDS was turning on when I was coasting around town.

I run lower tire pressure for a better ride, and I can turn off the but the light on the dash bugs me.

Mayfairkid

Reaction score
I have the Diablo Sport on my 2015 1500, it can disable the MDS and change tire size, you shouldn’t have a problem with the 2014, my 2015 required an unlocked PCM that was an extra cost…
Sorry for bringing this up from the dead. How are you turning of MDS in the Diablo Sport Platinum? I have that with the Hemi Fever Stage 1 tune, and would like to turn of the MDS...Thanks!

Darkside

Reaction score
Sorry for bringing this up from the dead. How are you turning of MDS in the Diablo Sport Platinum? I have that with the Hemi Fever Stage 1 tune, and would like to turn of the MDS...Thanks!
The Diablo Sport has an option for MDS on/off, the funny thing is even though I had it turned off the indicator light still came on in the dash even though the MDS didn’t activate…. It was easy for me to hear if it was on or not because the truck had no muffler or resonators on it.

Users who are viewing this thread