Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 1500 has rusted out gas tank strap and frame!

Reaction score
Last week I dropped something and it rolled under my truck and I noticed what looked like the front gas tank strap had broken.

I call my mechanic since it's no longer under warranty and made an appointment for today and just got a call that the front strap and the area of my frame that it attaches too has rusted out! Definitely not the call I expected and now regretting for not trading the truck in last summer when the truck was worth $22k for a new 2500!

I found out after hanging up there was a recall and I have a vague recollection of my dealer saying my truck wasn't affected. It seems I was! I called my mechanic after finding this out and they called Ram and was told my truck was not part of the recall! This is complete BS!

Has anyone experienced something similar and did Ram take care of it?

My truck is now at a body shop to give me an estimate for a repair.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Should post it on the 1/2 ton forum not the HD forum as it is a 1/2 ton issue

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
What forum are you referencing? This is a RAM issue so it's relevant here too.
Dodge forum, ram forum, even 5thgenram… the issue is its a RAM 1/2 ton issue which is the opposite of what this forum is so its not really relevant as we don't have the same issues with with HD trucks.

You can try contacting ram cares but with an 8 year old truck thats not part of the recall you are most likely fighting a losing battle but it is worth the try…. Id try an independent fab shop over a body shop anyday

Users who are viewing this thread