Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 ram 2500 bed swap

taz38501

Reaction score
I have a 2013 ram 2500 that I have put a 2021 ram 2500 bed on it. Fits perfect didn't come.woth wires wondering what all I need to get the powered tail gate and how to hook.the tail lights up. Tia

flan

Reaction score
Tail lights is a matter of figuring what wires are what and getting the proper connector soldered on. What tail lights came with the bed? There are a couple options with the new beds.as far as tailgate unless the pre 19s had that option it may not be possible.

taz38501

Reaction score
I have the 2020 factory.tail light with the power.option tailgate not.for.sure trying to.fogure this all

flan

Reaction score
If you poke around there’s probably a wiring schematic for those lights as lots of people have swapped from halogen to led. Once you know the wiring order that’s half the battle. Then finding the connectors and adapting to your factory harness. Retro shop or alpharex are shops online you may want to check out.

Users who are viewing this thread