Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 exhaust filter.

Reaper26

Reaction score
I have a 12 3500 6.7 h.o., 42000 miles this is the second time it has done it. The exhaust filter warning has been coming on, the first time was about 2 months ago it popped up at 80% then 90 and I made it home. Next time on same trip it did it again. I tried keeping the rpms up higher to make it burn but it filled up and said exhaust filter full power limited see dealer. I was 15 mins from home and I stayed on it and never saw a power decrease. Anything I can try to get it to burn the filter out without taking it somewhere?

flan

Reaction score
Don’t idle a lot, and hook up to a trailer with some weight on it and take it for a rip down the big road.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You have a 4th gen fyi but as said run it hard leave every stop sign and light with a lead foot that tends to help clear them up,

Reaper26

Reaction score
I've moved my 30' camper a little with it but haven't had it long. I got it with 38k on it. The night it started I left it in 4th on the highway to keep the rpms up but it still just filled up instead of burning. I'm going to try again tomorrow to see if I can get it to. The first time it did it I did have it idling for a while before I left to go home.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
May need a forced regen or like brutal stated it needs the filter cleaned

Riddick

Reaction score
Any chance the truck was previously tuned and the previous owner left the tune on and installed all the factory emissions equipment? Sounds like your truck is not going into regen mode.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Any chance the truck was previously tuned and the previous owner left the tune on and installed all the factory emissions equipment? Sounds like your truck is not going into regen mode.
If that was the case it would not read the dpf sensors

Reaper26

Reaction score
Not long after I made the post I started messing with it, checked the codes and had 2 for rear 02 sensor and 3 for the last exhaust temp sensor. Changed the 02 and I guess my dogs grabbed the harness, the wires to the temp sensor were broke in 2 spots so I un hooked everything pulled the harness out so I could get to everything and soldered the wires back. Cleared codes and nothing came back, the filter full warning is gone and the mileage is back up to 16 17 from 13 14. Still no regen notification though.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Not long after I made the post I started messing with it, checked the codes and had 2 for rear 02 sensor and 3 for the last exhaust temp sensor. Changed the 02 and I guess my dogs grabbed the harness, the wires to the temp sensor were broke in 2 spots so I un hooked everything pulled the harness out so I could get to everything and soldered the wires back. Cleared codes and nothing came back, the filter full warning is gone and the mileage is back up to 16 17 from 13 14. Still no regen notification though.
It wont regen until needed it can be a while i would not be concerned

Users who are viewing this thread