Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14 Ram 2500 6.7 Manual Shift 4wd Help

jchoate45

Reaction score
My 14 6.7 has a manual shift 4wd. When i put it in 4h i get a serv 4wd amber light. it will go into 2h and 4L. One other thing i should note is i had a grommet missing where the shift linkage connects to the transfer case. I replaced that grommet but still having this issues. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Getting lots of snow and cold weather here in Colorado.

flan

Reaction score
My 14 6.7 has a manual shift 4wd. When i put it in 4h i get a serv 4wd amber light. it will go into 2h and 4L. One other thing i should note is i had a grommet missing where the shift linkage connects to the transfer case. I replaced that grommet but still having this issues. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Getting lots of snow and cold weather here in Colorado.
Probably whatever sensor is responsible for seeing the shift has completed. Could be on the front axle or TC end. Check into those.

Users who are viewing this thread