Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1000 mile range

sanda

Reaction score
My 6.4 with 4.10 gears activates MDS / ECO mode all the way down to 55 mph. I don’t ever shut off the MDS unless it’s in tow haul mode for heavier tows.
I think the 4.10's actually increases fuel mileage over the 3.73's because it runs in eco a lot more. At least that's my experience after owning both.

oppizzippo

Reaction score
My 4.10 regular cab gets 16+ on the interstate. It uses eco more than my power wagon(2015 so 6speed) ever did.

I'm currently on a vacation trip, I made the same trip last year. So far I'm averaging over 2 MPG better than last year. Changes from last year: soft bed cover, replaced muffler, removed resonator, and reinstalled the front spoiler. I think it all added up to a measurable difference. On this trip across the country, I noticed it was in eco a lot more. I try to average 3mph over the speed limit, but I'm not afraid to use the go pedal to pass people. Was on over 300 miles of 2 lane highways including 101 along the coast.

With all of this said, I'd like to know what magic makes a 6.4 hemi get 20mpg. My truck being the lightest of the bunch I'd assume I'd be closer...but I'm not

gimmie11s

Reaction score
With all of this said, I'd like to know what magic makes a 6.4 hemi get 20mpg. My truck being the lightest of the bunch I'd assume I'd be closer...but I'm not

There isn't any.

Anyone can post a 20+ mpg run for a short period, but doing it for 1000 miles, or even 500 miles of combined driving is going to be as hard as forcing a muslim to eat pork.

sanda

Reaction score
There isn't any.

Anyone can post a 20+ mpg run for a short period, but doing it for 1000 miles, or even 500 miles of combined driving is going to be as hard as forcing a muslim to eat pork.
Keep in mind I ran over 400 miles before filling up and hand calculated 20.17. It doesn't matter to me if you believe me or not but my figures don't lie. I also stated previously that terrain, wind speed and other factors change so 1000 mile range probably wouldn't be achieved.

Users who are viewing this thread