Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘24 Ram 2500 and ‘23 Ram TRX

Hemikc4x4

Reaction score
New to the forum. Currently have a ‘24 Ram 2500 diesel and a ‘23 Ram TRX.

‘23 TRX-Wrapped Hood, Ripatuned CAI, Straightpiped exhaust, and Banks Pedal Monster

‘24 2500-Rough Country power steps (to be installed), Moto metal 18x10 and Rader Renegade X 35x12.5(ordered), and Banks Pedal Monster (to be installed)

IMG_7547.jpegIMG_7649.jpegIMG_6829.jpeg

Hemikc4x4

Reaction score
Both awesome trucks with totally different personalities. Congrats.

Quick review please?
Review on which the TRX?

The TRX is definitely a beast and alot of Fun to drive. This is our 2nd TRX (had a ‘22 first). But traded the first TRX in on a F250 tremor. Back story is we trade often. Usually keep 3 new cars and traded each of them out twice last year (ya 6 total trades in ‘23). Only ever had 1 truck in the past at a time. But I started getting the itch again for a diesel truck and decide this time to trade the ‘23 challenger hellcat(only 900 miles) we had we the 2500. Just couldnt stand not to have the TRX anymore. The TRX is a blast to drive. Everywhere you go someone has to stop and talk about it. We have had a Z06, couple GT500’s, Hellcats, raptors, and a trackhawk. But none of them got the attention like the TRX does. Actually had a ‘23 Raptor (not a R unfortunately) that was traded in on the TRX and it was nothing compared to the TRX. The only thing the raptor was good for was a trade in. Was able to get more out of it thenI had in it. But dont miss it at all.

whitexc

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Very nice trucks. My vote goes to the NE Cummins. Junior has plans for it! Diggin those boots too!

Sent from me

flan

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Nice stable for the horses too!

Hemikc4x4

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Very nice trucks. My vote goes to the NE Cummins. Junior has plans for it! Diggin those boots too!

Sent from me
Thanks.Junior definitely has plans. He knows when he turns 16 it will be his. Also he is definitely a big boots person. He just took his own Christmas money and bought his own pair of Lucchese’s. He is all about boots and hats. Lol

Hemikc4x4

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Nice stable for the horses too!
Thanks. It’s nice to have a garage that is deep enough not to have to worry about them fitting. The 10’ wide door help also for faster entering and exiting. Lol

Enve46

Reaction score
Nice truck choices! Have had a few TRXs and believe they’re the best all around vehicle ever. Kinda miss having one but the prices have gotten out of control so I’m waiting for them to continue to drop to grab another.

Hemikc4x4

Reaction score
Nice truck choices! Have had a few TRXs and believe they’re the best all around vehicle ever. Kinda miss having one but the prices have gotten out of control so I’m waiting for them to continue to drop to grab another.
Your right prices on them have got out of control.Both I have had was/are Level 1’s due to prices. The ‘22 I had i got it for 4% under invoice so it was about $76k. Had to buy the ‘23 off the lot. But got a good deal since buy so often. Like to have a ‘24 but prices are just to ridiculous

Enve46

Reaction score
Your right prices on them have got out of control.Both I have had was/are Level 1’s due to prices. The ‘22 I had i got it for 4% under invoice so it was about $76k. Had to buy the ‘23 off the lot. But got a good deal since buy so often. Like to have a ‘24 but prices are just to ridiculous
Yea my first was a 22 level 1 from Koons, 85k sticker for 72k. Traded that on a sandblast that someone offered me stupid money for a month later so dumper it. Last one was a 23 base model from Mark Dodge, off the lot got 6k off. They’re great trucks.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Yea my first was a 22 level 1 from Koons, 85k sticker for 72k. Traded that on a sandblast that someone offered me stupid money for a month later so dumper it. Last one was a 23 base model from Mark Dodge, off the lot got 6k off. They’re great trucks.
Just don’t wheel them through much with that exhaust under the rear bumper, it won’t last long.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
You mean hitting in rocks?
Watched a dip in the road smash the driver side tip and later in the day, backing over another pushed the passenger side forward to the point it was melting plastic in the fender. They have both been cut back to behind the bumper since, so OK now.
When I was truck shopping, exhaust eliminated all 1/2 tons from contention.

Enve46

Reaction score
Watched a dip in the road smash the driver side tip and later in the day, backing over another pushed the passenger side forward to the point it was melting plastic in the fender. They have both been cut back to behind the bumper since, so OK now.
When I was truck shopping, exhaust eliminated all 1/2 tons from contention.
Never had any issues. Now I wasn’t in Moab but I found my way into lots of offroad fun in Florida. Mainly at private ranges after some fun and testosterone flowing! Exhaust was never an issue

Users who are viewing this thread