Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

New 2023 3500 Limited without Level 1 Equipment Group – Mistake?

I have to concur wuth the adaptive cruise control. I live in California and it is the best thing since sliced bread. It will take it from 70mph to zero and back up in stop & go traffic. Although it will only stay stopped for approx 5 seconds then the driver must take over. Once going again...
  2. S

Please don't subject your engine to a K&N Air Filter

I live 1/2 mile up a dirt road. I checked the K&N after a few months on my 1993 Ram Cummings and there was silt past the filter. Called K&N and the rep said the dirtier it is, the better it works. I laughed all the way to the trash can with it. Bought a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel...
  3. S

Battery replacement 2020 Cummins

I'm glad you posted that flan. I was curious as to why not do one at a time. -John
  4. S

BFG KO tires?

Used as last 4 sets & no issues. The first set on 2006 F250 diesel had the old harder compound and sucked on hard pack dirt & snow. Since the newer softer compound I dig them. Grip like velcro, quiet, and last.
  5. S

Air Suspension Ride Height

Came upon this and thought I'd chime in just as I was curious, so I went and measured. Straight up from ground to fender well, centered over tire. 2020 2500 LBCC4X4 Diesel, air suspension, no off road package is also 42".
  6. S

service air suspension

2020 Ram 2500. 8800 miles. Never an issue. Then today air suspension issue. Did the #87 fuse in/out, pushed a few further in to seat them and works fine. Hopefully it stays that way. Figured I may as well chime in so others don't get too disillusioned and immediately take it the dealership...
  7. S

coil springs on 2022 2500

Hi Sims. I had the same issue with my 2020, only mine has air suspension. I added Sumo Springs (yellow), Hellwig Big Wig sway bars F&R & Rancho Adjustable shocks F&R. This helped tremendously to the point where I am now very happy with the truck. I went with the Rancho shocks so I could...
  8. S

cameras

Actually it worked out great. I hadn't ordered the $89 cable & saw your reply. Got the one you mentioned above off Amazon. Didn't look like the ends would match up, but they clicked right in. $11 delivered. Thanks.
  9. S

cameras

I also have the Rostra camera relocation kit that I purchased from MNR Electronics. I emailed Rostra about a custom length cable & received no reply. I called them and spoke with a rep. as I wanted a longer cable for our 2 horse trailer. He told me, "buy 2 cables". I told him I need a couple...
  10. S

Stuck in Park

I know this may seem silly, but if you leave your foot on the brake pedal longer than "X" seconds while in park, you must release the pedal then re-press to get the vehicle out of park.
  11. S

Aux camera

Been looking at the Rostra tailgate relocation kit. I like it as it is a simple plug & play into the existing tailgate plug. I especially like it as the wire is a small diameter coax, VS the big bulky kit from Ram. That kit has a horrendous amount of thick wire, brackets etc. Back to the...
  12. S

Raising a 2020 Ram 2500 Long bed, crew 4X4 with rear air suspension 1-1/2" or 2"

Hey KC: I would like to keep the truck at the same angle as stk. If you look at the Thuren video, Don mentions that in reality most folks don't really want level, which is what I am aiming for. Keeping the same attitude but just raising the whole truck an inch or 2.
  13. S

Raising a 2020 Ram 2500 Long bed, crew 4X4 with rear air suspension 1-1/2" or 2"

Greetings. First post here so please bear with me I would like to raise the front and rear just a bit suspension wise using the stock 20" wheels as the truck is very low for a 4X4. Rear: Kelderman 1-1/2" rear air suspension kit. I contacted them & they do not know it is will work on a 2020...