Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. C

Saltillo Truck Assembly Plant Goes Back To Work, Building Ram Trucks

Or “BUILDING LEAKY TRUCKS”. Or “BUILDING TRUCKS WITH LOOSE SHIFT LEVERS” With so many quality control processes in modern assembly plants, these heroic workers must put so much effort to ensure that such a high number of common defects are included in our trucks. It can’t be easy, but its...
  2. C

CB Radio?

I would recommend this radio only if you are requiring a small radio that takes up no dash space. It will never tale the place of a full sized radio. The audio output from the mic/speaker is tinny and low in volume. An external speaker is highly recommended.
  3. C

Battery saver system

I’m from Canada. Add 35% to any USD transaction. The list was just over 100k. Fortunately for us, when we keel over from the shock of the sticker price, our healthcare system takes over!
  4. C

Cummins no start in the COLD!

Noco make a boost box that is large enough to boost a 6.7. I’ve carried one for three years and have boosted lots of Fords, but never my own truck.
  5. C

Battery saver system

The issue appears to have been solved. However, I do not have any info as to what the dealership has done to correct the issue. The last invoice indicated that they were receiving info from “engineering” and would follow up. The loose gear shift lever was corrected by replacing the entire lever...
  6. C

Cummins no start in the COLD!

My theory on starting to diagnose this issue would be as follows. The next time the truck will not start, or even turn over, attempt to boost it with good quality booster cables and a truck with topped up batteries. If it starts, then the issue is with the batteries. If it still won’t start...
  7. C

Maintenance schedule (Oil Change/Filters) and?

Two water leaks, only one of which has been fixed. Battery saver system that sporadically shuts down systems despite having 14.5 volts and tested batteries, 12 in infotainment system that sporadically locks up. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been to the service dept. Wish I would...
  8. C

Maintenance schedule (Oil Change/Filters) and?

From my experience with my 2014, almost all miles pulling an RV, I found the EVIC oil and fuel filter life display accurate and convenient. Because we purchase fuel at larger truck stops, I change the fuel filters at 0%. Because my conscience won’t let me run my oil that long, I change it at...
  9. C

CB Radio?

Uniden have a unit not much bigger than a deck of cards with all the controls on the mic. He box is easily attached under the passenger side dash. It comes with an extension cable for the mic, so the control box can be mounted almost anywhere, under the seats, etc. I used it in my 2014, and...
  10. C

Remote auto start

I’ve had an issue when pushing the start button too quickly between pushes. I now wait half a second between pushes and have not had an issue with the remote start. Dozens of other quality issues, but none with the remote start.
  11. C

Battery saver system

My dealer called today to advise that they have received a reply from engineering. They have been given a plan of attack with items and systems to be checked. I will get back to this thread with the results. Since my opening post, the sound on the radio quit, and restarted by itself the...
  12. C

WeatherTech Floor Liner (Front and Rear) 2018 HD 2500/3500 **SOLD**

To save anyone confusion, the floormat attachment points changed from 2018 to 2019. Up to and including 2018, the holes are hook shaped, whereas the 2019s have a button style attachment point.
  13. C

Battery saver system

Thanks for your reply. The outdoor temps are around 45F. There are no additional loads, accessories, etc on the system. I would assume that the dealer has checked the batteries, alternator output, etc. I put 140k on my 2014 3500, and cold started it down to -18F, so I can tell that something...
  14. C

Battery saver system

I’m having a n issue with a new 2019 3500 with 1400 miles. On a cold start, the truck will start and run just fine. but approx 10 minutes into the drive, the battery saver waring appears on the EVIC and the system sheds some circuits such as the radio, etc. This only happens once per day at the...
  15. C

Upper Glove Box on Laramie Limited not latching??

The upper glovebox in my 3500 Longhorn must be slammed closed. A gentle closing will not latch it. I’ll get it adjusted as soon as my water leaks are corrected.
  16. C

Floor Mats

I moved my Weathertech from mats from my 2014 3500 to my new 2019 3500. They fit, but only “kinda sorta”. The first clue that something is wrong is the openings in the mat to secure them to the floor. The previous gen mats had an enongated hook, whereas the new mats have a round button opening...
  17. C

wireless charger issue

My iPhone fits into the charge cradle with a case on. It’s tight, but it fits. Perhaps try sliding in at a different angle. ........the phone, that is!
  18. C

Mud Flaps

Gatorback have a complete line for the 2019. I ordered a set of 4 with the Longhorn badge. They fit the models with fender flares. Check them out.
  19. C

Drip, Drip, Drip.

Like so many others on this forum, my brand new 2019 3500 has a leak. It presented as a leak from the rear headliner speaker on the drivers side. I applied a bead of silicone to the third brake light, from my previous experience with the 2014 that I traded. Well, that didn’t solve the problem...
  20. C

2500 or 1500

We pull a 30 ft Airstream Classic with a new 2019 3500 Longhorn 6.7 HD. The truck is far more than the 10,000 lb Airstream reqiires, but I really do appreciate the exhaust braking. We traded our 2014 3500 with 140k and still original brakes. Being a retired truck driver, I have no problems...