Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. 6

Lost the tranny

Do you have the 68RFE in yours even though it's a Hemi? I have a 15 Ram 2500 with the 6.7 Cummins/ 68rfe transmission combo and my transmission went out just after the 5-year warranty ran out last year... Needless to say, I wasn't too happy. After reading more on the forums though I quickly...
  2. 6

1996 Dodge Ram 2500

Thanks for the direction. The mechanic I went too priced me a basic rebuild but with an upgraded torque converter... Still seems like he is way too high I'm going to look around at some of these other shops. I'm not really mechanically inclined, I just use the truck for work and to pull my...
  3. 6

1996 Dodge Ram 2500

I am a new member as well but I actually own a 98 2nd gen 2500 with the cummins/47re combo with 230k original miles on everything. My transmission is acting up in a similar fashion to what you described and the local mechanic I use here in east Tennessee told me it could be something to do with...