Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. SFAngus

My Big Booty Dually Adventure Rig Build

I've seen a lot of people asking questions on here about wiring the Aux Switches, specifically with the pass-through wiring. I made this video to document how I did it on my truck, to hopefully help those who would like to do it and are trying to figure it out.
  2. SFAngus

I have a 4th child arriving in two weeks, so I needed more seats. I hated to sell it, but I couldn't justify keeping it for the amount that I was using it. I ended up trading it in for $82k. I had it listed for about two months looking for a private sale, and got almost no bites on it. I think I...
  3. SFAngus

I sold the truck, sadly, but I'm finally getting around to making some YouTube videos to document some of the modifications. If you're interested in checking out the ProClip phone mount, here's a video:
  4. SFAngus

Hey Everyone- Thanks for all the support on this build, and thanks for everyone's input on the site in general. It's been a great resource, especially for figuring out all of the wiring. This is bittersweet, but I am putting my truck up for sale. I really hate to sell it, but it's for a good...
  5. SFAngus

Thanks! I can get a photo for you, but it's not properly mounted yet. I just have it tucked into the pocket on the side of the center console for now. It actually fits because of how small it is, but it's nothing fancy. Unfortunately the display screen on the President CB hasn't worked since I...
  6. SFAngus

2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

Enjoy the build! I love watching the progress.
  7. SFAngus

2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

Awesome! Do you have a YouTube channel? If so, post up a link.
  8. SFAngus

2019-2022 Dually largest oversized tire on stock wheels/truck?

I'm interested to see what you learn, because I'm planning on doing the exact same thing. I spoke to my local tire shop (not a chain) and they said they were happy to install 255/85/17's on the stock wheels, and they emphasized that I should not do anything that required spacers. I'm planning...
  9. SFAngus

Antenna Location

I went with the A-Pillar mounts from SDHQ in Arizona. Not cheap, but they seem to be one of the best: https://sdhqoffroad.com/collections/sdhq-built-a-pillar-light-mounts-ram/products/19-current-ram-2500-3500-sdhq-built-a-pillar-light-mounts I also added the Midland extension plates, and then...
  10. SFAngus

Once I had a decent idea of how I wanted things to be wired, I decided to go ahead and cut into the plywood/carpet kit to get everything mocked up. I used a combination of a power drill, Sawzall, and Dremel to get the holes cut out to the proper size. I took loose measurements, but honestly it...
  11. SFAngus

I did some youtube research, and picked up a few tips for wiring the switches. The 5-gang switch panel and the usb/12v accessory panel both come pre-wired, which is nice, except that each switch is daisy-chained onto the next. That means that the load is traveling through all of the switches...
  12. SFAngus

The first step was to figure out the wiring on the 7-pin harness. It was a lot less intuitive than I would have expected, and for some reason, there seemed to be a bunch of different wiring setups depending on which version of 7-pin you have. But, after a little research, and some trial and...
  13. SFAngus

I knew that I wanted to install the switches and accessories somewhere easily accessible, along the top of the carpet kit. This location is also directly above the 7 pin outlet in the bed, which makes it convenient. Testing placement for the switch panel and accessory panel:
  14. SFAngus

So, here's the first of multiple updates for my 12v system in the bed of my truck. My goal is to have a 12v power source in the rear of my truck, for powering/charging accessories and to power lights. I considered two main options for the power source: 1) Tapping into the 12v blunt-cut wire at...
  15. SFAngus

I delivered some bales of straw to my daughter's preschool this week for halloween. Boy was I glad to have the high output dually for this load! I ran fast and reckless with no WDH, but I survived the trip.
  16. SFAngus

Ha! I thought I was the only one also, but there's at least one other guy who I saw on Facebook with the same setup as me. I love it! I had an ARE MX HD on my last truck, and it was nice, but the smartcap is awesome. The only thing I miss is having screened windows, because I actually sleep in...
  17. SFAngus

Here's a preview of my next project: installing 12v power and switches in the bed, along with the LED string lights. More on that project soon...
  18. SFAngus

I picked up a set of LED lights to use in the back of the truck until I get my 12v LED lights hard wired: (I had originally picked out a set of CAT brand lights, but they were incorrectly listed as being li-ion batteries, and when they showed up they required AA batteries, which I...
  19. SFAngus

A delayed update... I managed to squeeze in one more RV trip with the kids before the end of the year. We hit up the KOA in Santa Cruz again. Big truck in a little campsite: Stopping for lunch along Highway 1:
  20. SFAngus

Tool Bag Recommendations

It's an old school "carpet kit" that can be used for seating, or as a bed. You can read more about it in my build thread. Here's a YouTube video about it: