Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. MaximumSteel

Anyone add front camera to 8.4?

I wanted a front cam for rock crawling, but like you I already have the cargo cam on my 2019 PW. Researched all options for integration into the 8.4" Uconnect, but ultimately decided on using this simple standalone option. I used a (ridiculously strong) magnet to mount the cam on the front...
  2. MaximumSteel

Colorado Green

Nice - that Olive Green color ROCKS! Your Aussies will love the space in the back (mine sure does).
  3. MaximumSteel

Anyone else having trouble after recalls?

the 8.4" uconnect update made the head unit unable to recognize my ancient iPod which worked fine for 8 months before the update. Now says "Device Not Recognized". Probably need to update the iPod as it was a USB device. Likely it now is required to use CarPlay (didn't require CarPlay before...
  4. MaximumSteel

Something missing?

Yours looks just like mine (2019 2500 Power Wagon unmodified)
  5. MaximumSteel

Positive Thread!

Not too many power wagons out there. I like the head-nod/thumbs-up/ fist-bump moments when passing, or pulling up beside one at a light.
  6. MaximumSteel

4.10 Gearing Daily mpg not towing?

~7000 miles on 19 Power Wagon 6.4L 4.10/8 speed. Averaging City 11.5 Hwy 15.5. Best I've seen on the flat highways of Oklahoma is 17.5 with a slight tail wind between OKC and Dallas. I use adaptive cruise control almost constantly on highway - even in rush hour. I typically travel at speed...
  7. MaximumSteel

MDS

Sorry you all are having issues. After about 6K mikes and varied driving/towing I can’t feel MDS at all. Either the 19 PowerWagon’s ATM is really performing, my butt is numb, or my MDS is working as designed. [knocks on wood]
  8. MaximumSteel

Positive Thread!

Good eye...West of Moab up Long Canyon between 279/Colorado river and 313 North of Dead Horse State Park. Later found out it was called Pucker Pass here’s a google maps code for exact location: G7VV+89 Moab, Utah
  9. MaximumSteel

Positive Thread!

@Jeffmc306 I will definitely try towing without tow mode next time I'm pulling the teardrop. As for the teardrop it is the 5x10 OffRoad Edition (ORE) from tcteardrops.com. I've had it about 4 years and before I got the PowerWagon last Sept I towed it with a modded Subaru Outback. Subaru...
  10. MaximumSteel

Positive Thread!

Dang...I should have tried towing my 2300# tear drop trailer without using Tow Mode on my 2,500 mile trip last month. I was vigilant in making sure it was turned on. Eco light rarely came on and I coulda used a couple more MPG. I thought it was best practice to use Tow Mode when towing. Is...
  11. MaximumSteel

Positive Thread!

THe auto-dimming headlights are Awesome...set it and forget it. I never used high beams much until now. And those led headlights and fog lights are the BOMB! Putting off additional lighting for now because they are so bright I'm not sure I need any more.
  12. MaximumSteel

Lets see what you are towing!

Moab over the Xmas-NewYears. Avg12.5 MPG from Oklahoma to Moab and back pulling the teardrop. Break-in trip so only some light Offroad (hurrah, Lockhart basin rd -needles end and Secret Spire).
  13. MaximumSteel

rear seat protectors for dogs

I have an Australian Shepherd and a Bearded Collie. Seconding Burn'n Oil - can't stop the hair/dander! Couldn't find a cover I liked so I use moving blankets tucked into the folded seats at the top. Pups ride on the platform harnessed to the seat belts. Blanket is big enough to cover the...
  14. MaximumSteel

Firestone tires.

Just completed my first 2000+ mile road trip. The tires were great on road and off with a mix of mud, rain, snow and sand (not too much of any). I was pleasantly surprised at offroad/snow capabilities and they were smooth on the highway while towing. One thing I noticed at speed is there is...
  15. MaximumSteel

power wagon real world MPG.

almost 3000 miles on my 2019. I haven't reset trip meter 1 and it shows 13.1mpg average over all those miles. I closely monitor/reset often the Fuel Economy indicator and it seems that I get 16.5mpg on highway and about 11-12mpg around town. add my 2500lb teardrop trailer in tow and it docks...
  16. MaximumSteel

Post Pics of your 2019+ 2500 or 3500!

New vanity tag. Shout out to TFLTruck
  17. MaximumSteel

BOOM. New PW FORUM....!!!

Whoops...thought this was a different post. I can delete the image and move it to the picture thread.
  18. MaximumSteel

Lets see what you are towing!

From biggest to smallest: My teardrop was at the limit for my lifted, over-sprung Subaru Outback at ~2250lbs and about 250lbs of that on the tongue. I think I’ll be ok...;) Tcteardrops.com
  19. MaximumSteel

Lets see those power wagons

I took the pic in pano mode, but you’re on to something. If all goes according to plan I’ll minimize my possessions enough to make the house irrelevant in 2 more years. Then it’s permanent road trip retirement time with the Power Wagon and Offroad TCT teardrop.