Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. C

Why did you choose a 3500?

Mainly two things- payload and that HO motor. I figured it was likely I'd get a bed camper soon enough but once I drove both back to back two times, the HO motor did it. While the HO is not as quick as the Duramax or the Ford, the SO is a bit too sluggish feeling. The HO drives quite nicely.
  2. C

Fuel milage for 3500 HO

2020 3500 HO but under 1,000 miles. Getting 15 around the suburbs and 18.5 on the highway.
  3. C

2020 HO Unimpressed Test Drive

I seem get 15 in the mixed city driving now...not inner city but city/suburbs. I got 18 on mostly highway trips on the last tank so I'm hoping to keep hand calculating and hoping for the best. It is still so new that I need more hand-calculated tanks before I truly know what I'm getting.
  4. C

The HO certainly feels and is quicker. The SO shifted okay but felt slower. Once in a while, in really slow city traffic, I feel that it could shift better (that is prob just the 6-speed thing) but not really a lag as such. A colleague has a similar 2500 and he drove mine the other day. He...
  5. C

Death of Diesel

Good thoughts. I was referring to diesel passenger cars in Europe. No other country has a large pickup segment that we have here. The only thing is- the vast majority of the trucks sold here are gas and half tons, so the diesel demand will not go up, nor will the EPA relax is stand on the...
  6. C

Death of Diesel

These are very interesting developments. Diesel is being phased out even in Europe, where diesel was quite popular till recently. My friend in Milan is shopping for a new vehicle and follows the developments. I'm looking forward to the new electric or hydrogen trucks that come out. I'd be...
  7. C

2500 Gas vs Diesel 4.10 vs 3.73 gear ratio

Here in Colorado, even the big gassers will struggle past 5000 lbs going up the passes. Not as bad an issue with less but either way, a diesel is the way to go, in my opinion. The mountains have a way of humbling the gassers when towing. Some don't care but I do even though all my campers...
  8. C

I recently picked up a 2020 3500 HO Laramie. I drove a similar-spec 2500 SO back to back twice with the 3500 on the same route...4 test drives. The 2500 shifted smoother at lower speeds. The higher power of the HO was evident to me when trying to ramp up speed. The 2500 had a softer drive as...