Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Iowa Wagon

Whats your experience with 37's and factory 4.10's and an 8 speed

I had 37” Ridge Grapplers with the factory 4.10, non speedo corrected and didn’t care for the way it drove. Speedo corrected with a AEV procal and it is much better. Driving through (and offroading) in Colorado and towing my skid steer has been no problem.
  2. Iowa Wagon

Who's getting it first? 2019+ Ram HD Snorkel

I’ve splashed through water A LOT lower than the air intake inlet and had a partially wet filter (I was surprised when I checked). Granted I could have gone through the hole slower, but didn’t want to get stuck in front of a crowd. I agree they don’t look the best, but they’re for peace of mind.
  3. Iowa Wagon

Hunting thread

My 2021 bow tag here in Iowa. Shot with a 150 grain Magnus Stinger Killer Bee (Vector arrow totaling 690+ grains) from a Mathews V3 at 75 lbs, 31”.
  4. Iowa Wagon

Lets see what you are towing!

Case skid loader.
  5. Iowa Wagon

Lets see those power wagons

I don’t think I’ve shared any pics from the trip… Colorado last year.
  6. Iowa Wagon

4.10 Gearing Daily mpg not towing?

My last tank was Missouri backroads and 5 hours on the highway back to Iowa. 15.3 MPG on Fuelly. That’s with 37s on the Power Wagon, 3 men, and all our bags/gear.
  7. Iowa Wagon

Carli Pintop install DIY

Siiiiick! I’d love to throw a Carli kit on the PW.
  8. Iowa Wagon

Lets see those power wagons

Went out to Colorado this summer for some wheeling and camping.
  9. Iowa Wagon

Roll up or tri-fold tonneau?

I’ve had zero problems with my Bakflip MX4. Install was very simple. The cover can flip all the way up so all panels are against the back glass (on padding) giving you full use of the bed, support up to 400 lbs on the cover, super low profile, two large “nuts” are removed to remove the whole...
  10. Iowa Wagon

2021 Fuel Economy, am I lower than expected?

City driving will plummet MPG! My truck takes a big hit driving in city traffic. Also, high speeds on the highway (75 MPH+) as the front of these trucks are as aerodynamic as a barn door. That being said, I regularly see 16s on the dash. I’ve had a hand calculated best of 16.9… this is all on 37s.
  11. Iowa Wagon

RamBox rack option

The Front Runner bed rack is on my “to buy” list.
  12. Iowa Wagon

Power wagon owner at my wits end.

A slight right pull is a common problem with Ram HD trucks… Have you tried rotating the wheels/tires front to back?
  13. Iowa Wagon

BFG KO2 or KM3

For the driving you do (mainly roads, light offroading) and conditions you’ll be in (snow), the KO2s will suit you much better… The KM3s are absolutely terrible in snowy/wintery conditions.
  14. Iowa Wagon

2022 tundra

I’m a Toyota fanboy (previously had a 3rd Gen Tacoma). The other big 3 just can’t compete with Toyota reliability… Not crazy about the looks, but it’s about damn time the Tundra gets a new engine. I’m sure it will be just as reliable as the old power plant (I thought I read it’s already in use...
  15. Iowa Wagon

Skinny 35s

Pizza cutters are fairly popular with the Toyota offroad crowd (where I come from previously). Seems the taller you go from the 33, the less common they are.
  16. Iowa Wagon

75th PW questions on upgrades

The newer AEV Procal will adjust for tire size (trans shift points), gear ratio, TPMS psi, and clear codes. Very simple to install and use (as long as you follow the instructions).
  17. Iowa Wagon

Do you use a bed mat if you have a spray in liner?

I also add them for a flatter, smoother surface. Easier on the knees, bare feet, butt, etc if you do a lot of tailgating, camping, drive in movies, etc.
  18. Iowa Wagon

2021 Power Wagon Height

Will fit no problem.
  19. Iowa Wagon

Carli 3” or BDS 3” for towing

Call CJC Offroad, tell them what you’re wanting, what your concerns are, etc. They’ll set you up with a system that won’t compromise your payload/towing. Edited to add that they are a Carli dealer/installer.
  20. Iowa Wagon

Roll up or tri-fold tonneau?

I have a hard folding Bakflip MX4 (like Crusty, you can walk on it). It was expensive, but I really like it. One of the main selling points for me was it’s VERY low profile. My Power Wagon has ramboxes and I think it looks a bit “odd” when the tonneau cover is higher than the rest of the bed...