Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. EODMatt

Payload capacity/tow question

Forgive my ignorance, I’ve got a 2019 2500 CTD CC LB T’man - payload max per sticker is 2300 lbs (which pains me). I’m used to using my 1996 3500 Dually 12valve and never worrying about payload or towing. My question is: I’m looking for a new fifth wheel, or maybe a bumper pull travel trailer...
  2. EODMatt

Flatbed conversion

Anyone done a flatty conversation on their 2019+ 2500 CTD?
  3. EODMatt

Bumpers

If you’re running after market bumpers, which ones did you buy? Any recommendations? Post your pics!
  4. EODMatt

Louver behind grille

I was washing my truck yesterday and noticed a black plastic apparently automatic louver behind the grille in front of 1 of the radiators. Can someone tell me the use? What and when it gets actuated? It looks plastic and not very well built. 2500 Cummins for reference.
  5. EODMatt

On board Air

Any one else running on board Air compressors? I just picked up a VIAIR 200 psi ultra duty with a 2.5 gallon tank and a constant duty compressor, pretty stoked on installing it this weekend. Curious to know what systems others are running and what mounting preferences they used. In thinking of...
  6. EODMatt

BDS Level

I’m looking to stuff 37s or 35s under my 19 2500 Cummins with out rubbin’. Any one use this? And run 37s/35s? http://bds-suspension.com/product?kid=695H_New What is the consensus on a small spacer level such as this? Good idea bad idea?
  7. EODMatt

Tire options

‘19 CC LB Tman Cummins here. Stock suspension. Been talking to CJC a little getting some feedback. I’m set on the CJC Racelines (17x9) with the 20 offset. Trying to decide on tires - looking for opinion/feedback/understanding. Eyeing Toyo Open Country M/T and attempting to maintain towing...
  8. EODMatt

Stock rim tire sizing

For the life of me I cannot find an online tool to help me determine what max or larger tire size (larger than stock LT245/70r17) that I can fit on my stock tradesmen 17” x 7.5” wide rim. I’d like to find a tire 33-35” that has comparable load/tow specs and capability. Any input would be...
  9. EODMatt

Towing and tires

I want to get some fuel or method 17/18” wheels and either 33 or 35” tires. My question is, how will this effect towing? Besides the ratio slightly changing. What should I look for to ensure that I can still tow a fifth wheel with bigger wheels and or tires? Any particular rating/features on...
  10. EODMatt

2500 vs 3500 SRW

I’ve been googling around out of curiosity to learn the difference in build or suspension etc between 2500/3500. How do these trucks differ? Assuming the same engine and options? For instance a Cummins, tradesman, crew cab long bed, no air suspension- what engineering/build differences are there...
  11. EODMatt

Lights

I’ve got a tradesman trim but I really dig the LED lights on the higher trim models. If I purchased the LED head and tail lights would there be any reason it wouldn’t work or be an easy swap? IE: similar electrical connections, fitment etc...?
  12. EODMatt

New Truck - Ideas welcomed!

Just purchased a ‘19 2500 Cummins 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed. Very happy with the purchase price. The trim level is a Tradesman. I actually wanted the rubber floors and seats. I do have a number of things I’d like to upgrade. I’d like to get larger wheels and tires - possibly a small lift to fit...