Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Will_T

Broken cargo/third brake light with truck cap

When I put the cap on mine, I changed out that light for a smaller profile one without the camera. Edit to add: Found a thread I posted in back then that has info on changing it out and a link to one on Amazon...
  2. Will_T

Regens at alarming rate!

I know with my truck at 50 or 60 mph, locking out 6th gear does get the RPMs up, but lowers EGTs. But I don't know what would happen if you limited it to 2nd or 3rd gear in town. Generally it seems to me like the EGTs are highest when the engine is at lower RPMs. I don't have this issue...
  3. Will_T

New recall 11/10/2022 for the 68RFE ** UPDATED INFO IN 1ST POST **

Well what a difference a service writer/advisor can make. I got both this one, and the relay recall done today. I had the most experienced and knowledgeable service writer at the dealership. Very efficient, respectful, competent, and really just the opposite of everyone else I have had to...
  4. Will_T

2022 High mileage motor failures?

Thanks. If that is why it is in the EVIC, then the fact that it is inaccurate for some of us is potentially a big deal. It becomes your word against the EVIC reading if there is ever an issue. There is no way I have that many true idle hours. The EVIC has to be counting some of the drive...
  5. Will_T

Thanks. That was a good question and since I had been going by memory from when I last drove the truck about 4 weeks ago, I just went out and checked. Indeed the 220 is drive hours. total is 300. So idle % is actually more like 27%. I will fix my previous post. Still seems way high for my...
  6. Will_T

Edit; Correction - About 300 total / 80 idle. But as you can see from my math above, that cannot possibly be accurate or I would have to be driving way faster than I do for those 220 hours, right? Assuming the 80 "idle" hours are at basically 0mph.
  7. Will_T

Does this solve any issues related to excessive idle? If you use the idle up control, you can easily get the rpms to above 1000. I usually do it if I have to leave the truck idling for a few minutes. But when jumping in and out backing into a tight campsite, I do not idle up repeatedly. On a...
  8. Will_T

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

I agree this has been a bit confusing. I did just schedule a dealer visit for the two recalls on my truck and the service writer asked if I wanted to change the air filter when the fuel and oil filters are done as the air filter has not been changed since truck was new. I told him OK if it...
  9. Will_T

Def-see dealer-limp mode 2020 Ram 3500

You are a much braver man than me!
  10. Will_T

Thanks. I understand. But when they did the unexpected update last time, the truck was in for fuel and oil filters and the original relay recall. But they went ahead with a flash anyways even though the work being done did not require it. I don't know much about this stuff so they may have...
  11. Will_T

Well today I got an email from the service writer that they can do both this and the grid heater recall. It has been a year since the truck was in and that was just an oil change, so they have not flashed any computer updates since the one they did without asking 2+ years ago. Should I expect...
  12. Will_T

Titan fuel tank install

Same on mine.
  13. Will_T

68RFE

Not everyone has more than one dealer to choose from without driving hours. Our local dealer has bought up the 2 or 3 other dealerships within 2 to 3 hours of me except for one about 1-1/2 hours south. If this was a critical fix, I would use that dealer and just do the 3+ hour round trip.
  14. Will_T

68RFE

If you have a dealer that will schedule it for you. :(
  15. Will_T

You are fortunate to have a better dealer that is an hour or less away! Our local dealer is one of those that has grown huge by buying up the competition, so the next two closest dealers are also owned by the same corporation and approach things the same. If the recalls were critical, there is...
  16. Will_T

Probably does not make you feel better, but you are not alone. Our dealer. and some others, are the same. I recently talked to a guy in the Costco parking lot about his truck and he said he has the same experience with our dealer as me. Told that parts are scarce, and he is on the list. At...
  17. Will_T

new 2022 blue DEF code format

Yeah, good advice, especially for someone like me who drives many fewer miles several months of the year. But as pointed out, the manufacturer makes it almost impossible to know. They seem to have several strategies to avoid the consumer grabbing the freshest boxes. Whether it is stamped...
  18. Will_T

new 2022 blue DEF code format

Yes, this must be the reason. If you could easily see the date of manufacture, many people would grab the freshest box on the shelf leaving the older ones to outdate. The last box pf Peak Blue I purchased did have some sort of code on the box, but you could not read it because it was so...
  19. Will_T

Ram Connect subscription expires today

I let mine lapse because it is way over-priced for what it is. At maybe 1/4 the price I might have kept it.
  20. Will_T

My 2022 RAM 3500 Nightmare

Yes some Ram dealers have this issue. Not sure if it is working environment or what. For the past couple of years our only local dealer has been at about 40% staffed on techs and many of those are still "training". Service writers at this dealership have high turnover also. If the dealership...