Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Cseybert

New 2024 RAM 3500 LB Laramie on order

I have a 1997 that I ordered new from the factory still have. And I have a 2022 ordered from the factory ask me which one I drive more. I am seriously thinking of buying the extended warranty for time and not mileage, these things are so expensive to fix and if something goes wrong with the...
  2. Cseybert

New 2024 RAM 3500 LB Laramie on order

You should have kept it. JMO.
  3. Cseybert

Oil Cap Sludge

Nope.
  4. Cseybert

Don't think I can wait for 2025s

2 feet to spare in front 1 foot six to spare and the rear
  5. Cseybert

New 2024 leaking fluids

That’s not good. Keep us posted.
  6. Cseybert

Don't think I can wait for 2025s

Do you know what we call those short bed trucks in the construction industry Useless.
  7. Cseybert

Strange cluster behavior and possible power steering issue?

Is there some kind of recall for the 23 and 24 2530 500 trucks and a few other vehicles.?
  8. Cseybert

Crazy Insurance Rates on new 3500

I’ve had USAA since the mid 80s auto and Home. Prices also increased over the years but I have found changing insurance companies they give you a great number for the first six months and then start raising your rates you can’t win for losing. USAA is still the cheapest for my home and automobiles.
  9. Cseybert

2022 Ram 4500 Transmission Issue

Yes, there is some kind of recall.
  10. Cseybert

Crazy Insurance Rates on new 3500

Well, let’s all hope they don’t implement commercial insurance for 14,000 pound and above Trucks.
  11. Cseybert

Lifter Failure? Report it here!

Me personally I would just stick with a good synthetic oil. Change it after one year or 5 to 8000 miles on my 97 I used to go 8000 miles but I would change the filter and add a quart at 4000 miles.
  12. Cseybert

Oil change intervals

Me personally on all my new trucks 2000 miles first oil change. Then every 5000 miles Amsoil full synthetic 15 W-40 in my 97 10 W-30 in my 22. just my opinion I know a lot of people won’t agree oil it’s a lot cheaper than a new engine.
  13. Cseybert

Anybody running 15-40 in 19+ CTD

Why would you go against what the manufacturer suggest to use in a motor and use 15 W 40 versus what they suggest to use doesn’t make sense to me.
  14. Cseybert

Awful Transforce tires

I agree that’s what I have on my 97 when my 22 needs tires that’s what I will be putting on there.
  15. Cseybert

Awful Transforce tires

Do you mean Michelin Defender LTX?
  16. Cseybert

2022 High mileage motor failures?

I don’t know I seem to remember my 97 manual saying do not idle excessively. I will have to take a look and see if I can find it. I think it has something to do with low cylinder temperature wash down meaning diesel fluid and oil dilution, which intern is not good for the motor I believe.
  17. Cseybert

UConnect Update

That’s why I wouldn’t sell my 1997 3500 12 valve.
  18. Cseybert

Fuel pump

It’s hard for me to say personally. I ordered my truck new in January 2022 and picked it up in April 1922 but I only have 2900 miles on mine. No problems knock on wood.
  19. Cseybert

Fuel pump

The CP3 pump was never a problem. The CP4 was a problem on the 19s and 20s.
  20. Cseybert

Fuel pump

Cp3