Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. E

Dead battery or gelled fuel?

Thanks. I bought a couple new ones. Didn’t have time to swap them out before work, gonna have to find a jump after my shift most likely.
  2. E

Dead battery or gelled fuel?

My truck stranded me last night. I went to start it and nothing. It had been sitting for two days and the temps were around -10 and it had about 1/4 tank of fuel in it. I have had this thing in -40 for days on end with no issues. I assumed it was gelled at first because I could get the engine...
  3. E

AEV front bumper (2020), baja designs Lp9 mount

haha. yup. totally didn't see that on their website. Thanks!
  4. E

AEV front bumper (2020), baja designs Lp9 mount

Does anyone know of a mount for this combo? I made the mistake of assuming the lights would come with a mounting option, but they don't. My shop is wiring up the lights, but I need to figure out a way to mount them to the front bumper bar. Thanks!
  5. E

No power/surge on initial take off

Twice now I have experienced a strange power issue after the truck has been started. It is when the truck is cold, and doesn't have time to warm up (last night was around 5 degrees.) I started the truck, put it in gear and stepped on the gas, nothing happened. I let off the pedal, pressed down...
  6. E

Service Def System See Dealer message

If I remember when that happened to me, it went away a couple times, then went into countdown mode. You need to take it to a dealer so they can re-flash the computer.
  7. E

low rumble/high idle

haha, alright, I wasn't worried about it, just curious what the difference was. Thanks!
  8. E

low rumble/high idle

when I start the truck in cold and it kicks into high idle, for a while it has a real low bass-y rumble to it. shakes the house. After a while something changes and it goes to a normal sounding high idle and the house stops shaking. Is the difference the baffles/shutters being open or closed?
  9. E

My AEV Carli Pintop Frankenstein

Thanks! I will reach out to them.
  10. E

My AEV Carli Pintop Frankenstein

What was the lead time on that front bumper? every time I go to their website it says "insufficient stock".
  11. E

Load Stops on Yakima Rack?

If you haven't received the rack already, you could also look at the HD bars. They have a slot that runs down the length of the bar and you can slide an eye bolt in there as a tie down point if you want. lots of options with those bars.
  12. E

Load Stops on Yakima Rack?

I think the Keel Over kit is what you will need.
  13. E

What to do with the Cargo View Camera when installing a camper shell?

I love this thing, and as far as I know, it is the only one that makes use of the camera and light, which would be great for the OP! Kinda nice to be able to check on the dog and other items in the bed when driving down the road.
  14. E

Here you go! The only downside I have found to this topper so far is that the latches get stuck when they are full of snow and its cold out. I am going to drill some holes in them and add some pull strings.
  15. E

A bit different than the Leer or ARE, but the RSI smart cap fits, and also has a clear window where the light and camera are, so you can still utilize both.
  16. E

2019 Truck cap/topper/camper shell thread

awesome. does the tailgate open and close without opening the top? Mine will open, but the gasket doesn't allow it to close. I know thats a feature they talked about, which I was kinda interested in. Not a deal breaker at all, just curious.
  17. E

I think I hit it in the right time, I ordered just after Christmas and had it 7 days later.
  18. E

It was actually super easy to put together. A little tedious at times, but nothing overly complicated. I will say that like many other customers of theirs, I had to reach out to customer service and get the brake light harness sent to me which they forgot to put in the box, and get new keys for...
  19. E

I also found it amusing that the dealer I ordered it through quoted me a 10 hour install and 2 guys to do it. I opted to pick it up from them and do it myself. Had it assembled and installed in 2 hours (and it was 20 degrees out).
  20. E

This is what mine looks like. I have seen similar setups on their website. To bring it "back" more to make it flush would leave a gap at the front, so that clearly doesn't make sense to do.