Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

Hitch Weight vs Payload

Your payload is your truck's weight subtracted from 10,000 lbs. It's a legal issue to be classified as a 3/4 ton pickup. The only reason a competitor 's equivalent 2500 can have a higher payload is due to having a lower curb weight. The bigger the cab and the more options you have all add to the...
  2. J

2500 6.7L major towing capacity reduction

Something changed...first screen cap is from December, second is from today. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  3. J

lets see some amp powersteps!

I installed a set a few months ago, and was pretty disappointed with the quality in relation to the price. The hardware supplied with the steps is absolute junk. It is the lowest grade metal you can find. You would think AMP would provide stainless hardware, but instead you get the lowest grade...
  4. J

2020 Ram 2500 alignment Truck lean

Also, those toe specs seem odd to me. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  5. J

2020 Ram 2500 alignment Truck lean

Does the lean level out when you're sitting in it and have a full tank of fuel? Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  6. J

2018 HD Ram Diesel Laramie Memory seat troubleshooting

Also, you can't use the memory function while in motion. The vehicle doesn't need to be in park, just has to be still. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  7. J

2018 HD Ram Diesel Laramie Memory seat troubleshooting

Adjust your seat all the way back, then all the way forward. After that, try programming your presets again. This has worked for many of us who have had a similar issue. Not sure why it happens, but cycling the seat seems to reset the limits and allows it to function properly again. Sent from...
  8. J

RAM missing out on parts sales...maybe RAM Cares can influence Corporate?

If limiting access to items motivates buyers to order vehicles with them to begin with, then FCA will ultimately make more money through financing those options vs. selling them after the fact. Keep in mind, too, that many options require specific wiring provisions built into the harness. Ram...
  9. J

New toys!

That thing is massive! I've never seen a buildup drop so low like that in front of the axles. That's interesting. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  10. J

What floor mats are you using?

I just swapped my stock carpet mats for the mopar slush mats yesterday. Overall, I like the fit and they're already doing their job trapping dirt/debris. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  11. J

How the heck do you wash this thing?

$75 is a steal! Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  12. J

How the heck do you wash this thing?

It sucks! Trying to dry/wax the whole roof of a megacab from the bed and stepstool is a PITA. My short arms leave about a 6" diameter spot untouched [emoji1] Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  13. J

Any Chance? Power Running Boards - Mopar (82215287AE)

If you're thinking about the amp power steps, there is a price increase going into effect tomorrow, just fyi. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  14. J

ANC Bypass harness for UC5 with 12" and Alpine, Anybody install one yet

Disables. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  15. J

Moose Antlers

I wish they would have used an adjustable telescoping mirror that's taller instead of these flip out mirrors. They would be much more practical. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  16. J

Wire/connector suppliers

https://prowireusa.com/ I've uses them many times in the past. Great source for motorsports level wiring project needs. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
  17. J

Active Noise Cancellation on 6.7L

For those that don't have Alfa-OBD and have no intention of buying it, you can purchase a simple $12.00 harness from LLJ customs that is plug and play, no cutting and completely reversible. It's literally about 30 seconds of work to install. As far as the "why" behind disabling, it's not...
  18. J

2022 noise canceling problems

I wonder if the polarity is reversed on the subwoofer causing the ANC to amplify the frequencies it's supposed to be canceling out? Not sure if the dealer can invert the polarity to the sub output through the computer, but that would be the easiest way to test it out. Otherwise you have to...
  19. J

Trailer brake disconnected

After roughly 9-10 months with no issues once I added a dedicated ground to the trailer, I started having the "trailer brakes disconnected" alert half way through my new year's trip. After a bit of investigating I found chafed wire jackets where the brake wires were inside the axle tube. The...
  20. J

Knife in your pocket today?

Benchmade Griptillian...bought it in 2007 and EDC'd for over 10 years. Still rock it a few days a week.