Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Wvmountaineer87

Resolved!!! 68rfe 6th Gear Shutter after Valvebody Rebuild

Resolved!!!!!! After hours and hours of trial and error, my issue is resolved!!! It was in fact a tuning issue. The underdrive was pulsing on and off. This is a known issue on 2019+ trucks. Be very selective on who you choose for tuning, especially 68rfe tuning! New trans tune fixed all my...
  2. Wvmountaineer87

$225 19-21 Ram 2500 3500 6.7 AFE Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter Media used less than 5k miles

Traded the truck, so no need for this anymore. Used for less than 5,000 miles. Located in Ripley, WV but travel to the Pittsburgh, PA area at least once a week. $275
  3. Wvmountaineer87

Mud Tire With Decent Highway Manners??

I ran 37” Toyo RT’s for the first 25k miles of my trucks life and have zero complaints. Recently installed 37” BFG MT KM3’s and Im not exactly thrilled with them. They are much louder, they hold gravel worse than any tire I’ve ever had, and the road manners are far worse than the Toyos.
  4. Wvmountaineer87

Still no resolve. I’ve changed the pressure sensor, pulled the Valvebody and installed new filters and the surging is getting worse every time I drive the truck.
  5. Wvmountaineer87

After data logging it looks like the shutter occurs when the trans pressure drops abruptly from 240ish down below 200 and immediately goes right back up. It will jump back and forth the entire time coasting in 6th gear.
  6. Wvmountaineer87

Actual fuel rail pressure is anywhere from 700-1000 psi higher than desired pressure when it happens
  7. Wvmountaineer87

Same tuner for the previous street tune, new race tune was flashed when I installed the trans parts and that's when I noticed the issue. I switched back to the street tune and it doesn't do it anymore. Tuner is thinking its a rail pressure issue.
  8. Wvmountaineer87

I’ve ran 37s for about 25k miles and haven’t experienced this until the new trans parts were installed and I added the power and trans pressure.
  9. Wvmountaineer87

Just finished installing the BD protect68 kit and ATS accumulator pistons in my 2020 Ram 3500 mega. Install was easy/straightforward. I used the BD gasket plate and a set of billet accumulators from ATS, along with the overdrive shim (washer) from Sonnax, added a BD Diesel deep sump pan and...
  10. Wvmountaineer87

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Swapped the Toyo RT 37 12.50 18s for BFG MT KM3s 37 13.50 18. A few notes: 13.50s rub more everywhere! They are 1/2” taller and almost an inch wider than the RT’s (measuring both when new) The BFG holds more rocks than you could ever count, while the Toyos didn't at all. Ride quality is better...
  11. Wvmountaineer87

Has anyone leveled a 3500 with the auto level rear air suspension?

I ditched the Bilsteins for these. Normally I would never be this excited to recommend a RC product but they outperform both the Fox 2.0 and the Bilstein. They are 1.5” longer than the stock shocks that came on my 3500 factory air ride.
  12. Wvmountaineer87

https://www.thurenfabrication.com/tech/engineering-our-suspension.html
  13. Wvmountaineer87

They do allow for about 1” adjustment up on down. But as @jpidgie stated, when you increase pressure to achieve ride height it makes for a rough ride. I plan to install a 1” airbag spacer and modify the adjustable links to allow for min pressure in the bags in hopes for a softer ride
  14. Wvmountaineer87

https://www.revelperformance.com/lifts/2014-2021-ram-2500-3500-adjustable-air-suspension-links/
  15. Wvmountaineer87

No issues yet. I had to adjust the links individually to get it nice and level.
  16. Wvmountaineer87

3500HD with Rear Air Ride LIFT KITs (post your pics)

Bilstein coils and shocks up front about 2 - 2.5” lift Revel performance adjustable links in rear set to 1/2” to level the truck out. 18” wheels and 37” tires Rides like stock I’d like to try air bag spacers in the rear. Leave everything else alone and throw the spacers in. I believe it will...
  17. Wvmountaineer87

Bilstein coils and shocks up front 2.5” of lift Revel performance adjustable links in rear raised about 1/2” to level the truck. 18” wheels and 37” tires