Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. desert_wagon

AEV Diff Covers with Pintop.

Anyone running aev diff covers with the thuren rear trackbar and carli front trackbar? Concerned with possible clearance issues.
  2. desert_wagon

2020 Power Wagon, Short Trip Overland Build

Reserved: Other Notes: Penetrol by Flood is by far the best powdercoat restorer on the market. Undercarriage Coating: Chemical Guys Bare Bone, spray wait a few hours rinse with carwash sprayer(water only) Planned: Rear Bumper: Expedition One, dual swingout. Always on camera mod...need to figure...
  3. desert_wagon

AEV front diff cover install

Forget 25ft/lb torque on the countersunk screw. Nothing needs to be removed for install.
  4. desert_wagon

Slight Concern over semi-stripped differential bolt.

so I was installing the eav diff covers. Got about half way into installing the bold jut above the 3-o-clock position when it didn't feel quite right. So pulled it out and saw some chewed up metal dust....yup cross threaded it (they are using fine thread.....no idea why but they are. So backed...
  5. desert_wagon

Cab marker or side marker lights fuse location

Anyone know where that is on the 2020 pw? Need to tie in my lp9 running lights
  6. desert_wagon

BantamX + Baja Designs LP9 Pro Implementation & Information

has anyone used this setup? it says do not power wire 1 and 4 at same time. So what I came up with should work however if someone is using this setup let me know what you did to get it working.
  7. desert_wagon

Diff covers...when too much info is bad sometimes

So looking into replacing the diff covers, stamped steel worries me. Carli has a nice front guard but however removing material from my front diff pumpkin is a no-way zone, so covers are looking the way to go. Anyone done the aev route? Whats the inside look like...ie proper channeling etc...
  8. desert_wagon

Limited slip=yes, friction modifier.....yes and no

so as the title states, 2020 PW limited slip yes, online manual says no friction modifier required, pdf say yes a friction modifier is required. So....anyone really know? Also is the limited slip really a limited slip or that psuedo-brake-controlled "limited slip"?
  9. desert_wagon

Tire Size Calibration, Shift Points and Tire Pressure Adjust(warnings/setpoints)

First a tuner/calibrator that does the above. Second, going to 35" tires, does it really affect the shiftpoints? Third, 35" tires, new setpoints/warnings...again a calibrator or tuner that does this. Forth, can the dealership just do this and be done with it? Sorry if this has been asked...
  10. desert_wagon

Just picked up the little mule 2 days ago

Evening, Just picked one up after debating it and researching for a year. Had a tacoma, needed more room and more capability. jepp just wouldn't cut it. So now begins the light overland build.