Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

Toyota Has Me Tempted To Separate From Power Wagon

Agreed! The 3.5 liter V6 in the 3rd Gen Tacoma is the worst truck engine - maybe ever. Zero low end torque. I have the manual transmission so I don't have the horrendous gear-hunting problem, but the manual does not solve the lack of power under 3700 rpms.
  2. S

Yeah... I'm in Coloardo too, so I hear ya. And even if you can fit down the trail, pulling to one side to accommodate on-coming traffic on the trail is a hassle in a 2500. But you will be giving up a lot if you trade the PW for the new LC. But its all down to the individual, and how that person...
  3. S

Unless you consistently find that the PW is too big on the trails you want to drive, or you live in the city, stay in your PW! I only see two advantages to the new LC compared to the PW: (1) smaller in size which will come in handy nipping around the city, and on tight trails; (2) better fuel...
  4. S

New Tradesman vs 2022 Power Wagon

Yeah - I spoke to a shop yesterday that told me they were doing gears on 5th Gen power wagons (but we didn't talk about lockers).
  5. S

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

Got it - thanks! Three shops I checked with didn’t know that, and told me that no one had developed gears yet for the 2019-2023 power wagons.
  6. S

So they do a full axle swap? That’s not “gears for a fifth gen” unless I misunderstand. Nothing has ever stopped anyone from swapping axles, other than time and money…
  7. S

There are no gears yet for 5th Gen Ram heavy duty trucks - as of April 14, 2023. I'm watching this too...
  8. S

You are correct: there are no aftermarket lockers or gears for the 2019-current 2500/3500 Ram axles - at least, not yet.
  9. S

Yes - also comes with winch and PW bumpers. I just added that to my previous post. Thanks for your reply!
  10. S

Might as well get rid of the bracket too ;)
  11. S

Toxic Cost of Going Green

Ha ha! I thought maybe I had misread things, so I went back and re-read the report, but as it seems, the U.S. EPA presents a whole bunch of info on the massive reduction in emissions over the last 40 years.
  12. S

H3LZSN1P3R - what is funny?
  13. S

Pretty remarkable reduction in emissions given population growth, economic growth, and the increase in vehicle-miles traveled. Source: Air Quality - National Summary. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: June 1, 2022.
  14. S

The PW package on the Tradesman comes with all the off-road / mechanical features of the PW: 4:10 gears, locking front and rear differentials, sway bar disconnect, lower control arms with the articulink suspension, the PW springs, Bilstein shocks, winch, PW bumpers, and a manual lever for the...
  15. S

I finally found a brand new PW to compare the bracket. I think the two brackets are identical - what do you guys think? The new 2023 PW is the first photo, with the bracket circled in green. The 2022 PW is in the second photo, with the bracket circled in red.
  16. S

Any specific reason? Thanks for your reply!
  17. S

Hadn't thought of swapping the screens. I think it would be complicated to install the physical controls on the dash after removing the 12-inch screen - but I'll ask around. Thanks for your reply!
  18. S

Hi folks, I've gone through all the obvious pros & cons, but I was wondering if folks have any thoughts on this... All 2023 Power Wagons are coming with the 12-inch screen, which I do not want. No offense intended to those who like the 12-inch screen, its just not for me. So I'm cross-shopping...
  19. S

Wheel Hop Issues

In my experience, it is not the coil springs, but the solid axles. I had wicked wheel hop in my CJ-7 with solid axles, but leaf springs. Check out this very short video of a Jeep Wrangler with front-end wheel hop in the snow. Of course, this Jeep has coil springs (not leaf springs), but is this...
  20. S

Lets see those power wagons

Is that Marble, CO? Beautiful photo!