Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

2019 Ram 2500 6.7L P0299 Code

Check for a boost leak on the intercooler cold side outlet boot. The wiring harness that runs nearby had rubbed a pin hole in it and caused the P0299 for me. Beat my head against the wall for months with this issue and then the dealer caught the leak.
  2. S

I got the truck fixed a few months back when I finally took it in to the dealer and the problem was something I would never expect. A wiring harness rubbed a hole in the intercooler outlet boot which was causing the discrepancy in pressure and airflow that was read at the intake vs what was...
  3. S

Mine kicked off the P0299 with a fairly clean OEM filter, I replaced it with an aftermarket one (will go get a new one from the dealer soon). If the EGR valve is bad it failed at the perfect time for FCA... right after the 50,000 mile mark when the federal emissions warranty expires. Only thing...
  4. S

Glad to hear it cleared it up. How many miles/hours are on your truck? I’m wondering if the CCV is gumming up the EGR throttle body and causing the P0299 and P0401 combo… when I pulled the MAP to clean it, it was pretty oily. Will pull the throttle body tomorrow and report back.
  5. S

Issues started at about 53,000 miles now currently at 55,000 miles with 1,350 hours on the truck.
  6. S

Jumping on this thread, for the last three months I've had a P0299 show up, I clear it and it returns periodically, no drivability issues. Then one day, I notice the truck derate and it's like driving a VW bus... P0401 code. I pull the EGR valve and clean it the next day, it works for a day at...
  7. S

Induction Cleaning?

A while ago when I hit 20K on the truck the dealer recommended I do an "Induction cleaning" for ~$300. My buddy who is an R&D engineer at Cummins says that the process removes DPM from the valves, EGR, DPF and grid heater and didn't really comment on if it is necessary at 20K/ the corresponding...
  8. S

Diff Fluid Weight

Says use 75w-85 for the <=11.5” axles and 75w-140 for the 12”. About a thousand miles on the 75w-140 so far. Potentially a small MPG impact but otherwise no issues. I don’t think it will accelerate any wear or cause damage, just be harder to turn and therefor maybe more heat and lower mpg? I...
  9. S

Diff Fluid Weight

Looking to change the diff fluid on my 2500 for the first time at the 30K mark and the dealer told me to go with the 75w-140 instead of the 75w-90 like the manual recommends if you're towing. Any experiences with running 75w-140 with your 11.5" ring gear trucks and will it have any adverse...
  10. S

Lets see what you are towing!

Some pics from last fall, usually pulling the stock trailer around 7-11k
  11. S

Let's Talk Regen

So what if you change your own oil as I’m sure most people do? What kind of proof will the dealer accept?
  12. S

Let's Talk Regen

No lifter noise yet thankfully, I think a change with some T6 would help flush out any deposits... I asked my contact at Cummins who is a mech. engineer there about it and will report back with what he says.
  13. S

Let's Talk Regen

Well... I’ve run two oil changes (14k) on 15-40... should I be concerned? Going to change it today to 10-30
  14. S

Let's Talk Regen

Hey Everyone, thought I'd update on here. The dealer kicked it into stationary regen the day after my update post. Since then it has been running normally, my DPF level just kicked up to an 1/8 after some more cold mornings and idling. I'm hoping to see if kick into regen soon when it gets to...
  15. S

Let's Talk Regen

A decent bit of idling, It kicks up to high idle soon enough though to try and run hotter so you're not clogging up your DPF. The gf and I went camping in the back of the cab up here in the CO mountains and idled it 3 times for about 20 minutes throughout the night. Thought it would kick into...
  16. S

Let's Talk Regen

Update: Went to the dealer yesterday and they cleared the permanent codes which allowed the truck to start Regen. The DPF said it was ~70% full according to the gauge once the code cleared. The tech told me to keep driving until it cleared, I drove for 1.5 hours and 100 miles before needing to...
  17. S

Let's Talk Regen

Hey Everyone, First post and bumping this thread. I've got 26K on my 2019 2500 and it usually goes into regen every couple of weeks or so. These last few weeks it's been idling a lot in the cold and making short trips and the DPF level didn't go above 0 which I knew wasn't true. So the...