Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

Turn off fog light when turning

Doesn anyone know what setting I need to change in Alphaobd to turn off the fog light that comes on when I turn or use my turn signal? I can find anything others then the fog light drop out with highbeems.
  2. S

New Grand Design 324MBS too much for 2500?

Some states specify you can not exceed the manufacturer’s GVWR.
  3. S

New Grand Design 324MBS too much for 2500?

I have the previous generation of that trailer the 31MB. I have towed that trailer with my 2019 2500 6.4 with 3.73’s and it towed fine. MPG was around 7 and on some steep grades it wasn’t the fastest thing, but with a Reese goosebox and 3 people in the truck I was all legal when I scaled it.
  4. S

Towing with 37s

Yes I have. You can definitely tell the difference in final drive ratio when getting up to speed which would translate to more downshifting on any type of hill. If you are regularly pulling through those mountains I would probably stick to 35’s or regear.
  5. S

Towing with 37s

I’ve only towed my 12k lb fifth wheel a few times with 37’s and SO 6.7 I don’t find it too bad but I’m also in a relatively flat area. Everyone ran 35’s on the 4th gens with the 3.42 ratio which works out pretty close to the same final drive ratio as 3.73’s and 37’s.
  6. S

Rough idle and hesitation

Looking to see if anyone else had had this problem and if you were able to get it fixed. I have a 2021 2500 6.7 and since new it has intermittently had a rough idle at start up and a hesitation when taking off from a stop. I originally just chalked it up to the cold weather and needing to warm...
  7. S

Aftermarket Wheels and Tires - post yours

Just a 2” level
  8. S

Aftermarket Wheels and Tires - post yours

18x9 +18 Method 312 and 37/12.50 Ridge Grapplers
  9. S

Lets see what you are towing!

2019 GD 31MB
  10. S

Heated Seats/Steering Auto ON

Can you not adjust it in the Uconnect? I thought there was a setting for it
  11. S

5th wheel towing

I tow a 36’ 5th wheel with my 2500 6.7. Trailer gvwr is 12klbs and pin weight is 2200-2300lbs. With the family in the truck we are just over the trucks Gvwr but we’ll within the axle and tire ratings. The truck pulls and stops just fine. The coil springs are definitely a little soft for my...
  12. S

Towing with new 6.4L

3.73 rear end.
  13. S

Towing with new 6.4L

My ‘19 6.4L did an ok job towing our 11,500lb 5th wheel. Long or steep hills weren’t the best as you would expect, but it got it done. Average mpg was 6-7.
  14. S

Anyone with 17” Methods and 35/12.5/17 Ridge Grapplers?

I think it’s a combination of the bumper,flares, and his tires are an inch or so narrower being 285’s I had Method Standards on my 4th gen in 17x8.5 with the +25 offset and they looked more like his if you wanted 17’s and the more tucked in look.
  15. S

Anyone with 17” Methods and 35/12.5/17 Ridge Grapplers?

I’ve got 35-12.50-18 ridge grapplers on 18” methods. I had 17’s on my last truck and it didn’t look much different.
  16. S

Fifth wheel bridge clearance

I use the truckmap app. It has a ton of useful stuff built in like the locations of cat scales/dump stations/overnight parking/def pumps etc. I just have our 5th wheel listed as a 13’ 6” x 40’ dry van. We haven’t had any problems out of it up and down the east coast. Sagging wires on back...
  17. S

Octane requirements for the 6.4 Hemi???

I run 87 all the time I’ve had no audible spark knock when towing our 11klb trailer. I tried 89 one time towing and it made no difference. Putting 91 or 93 in these trucks would be a waste of money.
  18. S

New wheels and tires - Remove TPS sensors or buy new ones?

I turned off the TPMS with alphaOBD and just run regular valve stems with no problem.