Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Springfield40

Cummins HO Squeaky Belt or Pulley

That’s why there are lawyers. 4 times in the shop for the same issue qualifies for a lemon. I know it seems like a small issue but the last time the belt was changed if was worn out like it had 100k miles on it. And there was premature wear on the alternator pulley. I didn’t pay $80k to hear...
  2. Springfield40

Ok, so what is STAR? And like I said I have a case opened up and will be lemoning it out. Thanks for the feedback
  3. Springfield40

OK, so my 2020 2500 has been in 4 times now. 1: replaced tensioner pulley 2: replaced belt 3: replaced alternator pulley 4: now the engineers are involved and say its the coating they put on the CRANK pulley that is the issue. In the shop now, they are going to pull off crank pulley...
  4. Springfield40

Truck is ready to pick up, the dealer changed out the pulley and belt. and noise is completely gone. said the factory belt was most of the issue.
  5. Springfield40

are you installing this to help with your cp4.2. I wouldn't install anything after market...

are you installing this to help with your cp4.2. I wouldn't install anything after market because it will void warranty. ram 2021 has a new injector pump that is supposed to be better than the cp4, im sure if you ever have an issue they will swap it out.
  6. Springfield40

My 2020 has the same noise, took to dealer they replaced tensioner and noise was back before I got home. Trying to schedule to get back in.
  7. Springfield40

Cp4 injector pump Failure

Was this problem covered under warranty? I've heard stories about not being covered because of contaminated fuel even if its from the metal shavings from the failed pump. Sounds ridiculous but wouldn't hold it past a dealership to try and weasel out of it. We just bought a 2020 a couple...