Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. N

Cummins HO Squeaky Belt or Pulley

Well who knows at this point, works for some and not for others. I’ve got a couple thousand miles on my swap and still good. Maybe it’ll come back sometime but we will see Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. N

Yea but the issue is that they keep putting the flawed factory parts on multiple times, the weak tensioner and bad belt together, it’s doing no good for the shop to keep putting mopar parts on there since that’s the issue. Until they burn through their inventorying gonna keep coming back. Anyone...
  3. N

I really think unless you use the gates parts the problem is gonna come back for most people. I did belt and tensioner awhile back and it’s still good. I understand people not wanting to do that to a brand new truck too. My dealer told me if it happened it again to bring it in and they would...
  4. N

Yea same here I’ve had it done since before thanksgiving and still good. The belt and tensioner are way better construction Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. N

Same for me, gates pulley and belt and my squeak has been gone too. Plenty of cold mornings and still good. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. N

Good news. I’ll wait a couple days and make sure your still good then grab a belt. I still have the new tensioner on so hopefully after the belt it’ll be good Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. N

Mine is weird because it has a rhythm to it almost and pauses lol. It’s not like a normal belt squeak. I seem to notice it most on the passenger side when I stand at the front. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. N

No not yet it’s only on cold mornings though. Still having issues finding a dealer with loaners so I have a vehicle while mine is down Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. N

Well I gave the tensioner a try today and it didn't fix it for me. It seems different a little but still there. Its not super cold so I'll try it in the morning when it's colder to see how it sounds. I will say that mine is pretty rhythmic. its like 4-5 chirps every little bit, not a constant...
  10. N

That's what I was interested in since a lot of people say the dealer is putting a new belt on and it goes away for awhile. Since you just did the tensioner and the noise is gone, sounds like it's just the tensioner. I believe the tensioner to be the culprit on mine as well. I Have 4900 miles too...
  11. N

Did you do a new belt as well?
  12. N

Watching for updates as well. Mine started doing this same thing about 2 weeks ago (49xx miles) It’s hard to get mine in the dealer and none of them have loaners so I was gonna just swap belt and tensioner but I wanna have this documented in case it turns out to be a bigger issue.