Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Skinner

6.4 HEMI Stalling Issue

So I cannot find the sheet. What I do remember though is that it did say they updated the TCM software to a new version that was 2 newer then what my truck was loaded with from the factory. I definitely corrected the bogging down, even not hooked up to anything it used to stall out in my...
  2. Skinner

6.4 HEMI Stalling Issue

I'll take a look to see if the tech report is jn my truck. If so I'll post what's on it about the issue. Sorry for the delayed response btw
  3. Skinner

Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73

Not towing on the highway doing about 65 mph I get around 17 mpg. Towing my 32 ft travel trailer, I get about 10 mpg. This is in the summer. With winter gas I get about 1 to 2 less mpg.
  4. Skinner

6.4 HEMI Stalling Issue

I had this happen, mainly when towing, but has happened when not. I took the truck into the dealership and they did a update of the transmission module and it seems to corrected the issue. Wont know 100% until the snow melts and I hook up to my trailer again but not towing the hesitation/bogging...
  5. Skinner

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

Ah ok. Mine would make some awful noises when turning. All good now.
  6. Skinner

I would not be surprised that this is a misrouted wiring harness in the steering column like mine was.
  7. Skinner

So the Steering wheel creaking was a misrouted wiring harness. The tech rerouted it to its proper location and the creaking has stopped. The sat radio issue remains. It's just a weak sensor. The stalling issue wasn't found but they updated my tcm to a newer version in hopes that solves the issue
  8. Skinner

I took my truck in yesterday to have the 3 items looked at. The stearing wheel creaking the couldn't replicate. The sat radio cutting out they said is normal for the truck. And the stalling they couldn't replicate. When I went home after work I had the creaki g again and took a video to show...
  9. Skinner

I have three issues. Already msg'd RamCares about them and taking it into my dealer tomorrow. They are as follows: 1) Steering wheel creaks when is it warm in the cabin. Suspect there is something rubbing inside. 2) Sat Radio signal is weak and drops signal frequently. I previously has a 2018...
  10. Skinner

6.4 HEMI Stalling Issue

Hmmm. That is interesting. I have had it happen about 6-8 times now. I know when it should be happen so I can anticipate it. Booking it in at my dealer to have it looked at. Will do. Thanks.
  11. Skinner

6.4 HEMI Stalling Issue

Sorry to steal the thread. I have the 6.4 Hemi. Has anyone had an issue when backing up that the engine lugs a bit and wants to/stalls? Doesn't happen to me a lot but it's usually when I'm backing into my driveway or up a slight hill. Does it with or without a trailer attached.
  12. Skinner

MPGs with 6.4 Hemi and new 8-speed?

Ok just did the return trip home and this was my average when I pulled up to my driveway. I had reset the trip meter in the campground I was staying in. . Overall pretty happy with it. Wasn't as windy today but had more weight (extra 400 lbs) in the trailer then I did going down. Drove about...
  13. Skinner

Transparent Trailer Views mentioned in Trailer Life

In the picture of that article it says you can turn the side view cameras on with the turn signal... Has anyone figured out how to turn it on? I don't see anything in my settings for this option. I have the trailer tow package.
  14. Skinner

6'4" Tonneau covers w/o rambox

Thanks for the replies everyone. My cover came in yesterday at the dealer. Have to wait until Monday to grab it as I'm out in the Rockies right now but I'll let you know how it goes when I get it. I got the Mopar soft roll for $407 CDN. Saved $150 CDN on it. I had the same type on my 2018...
  15. Skinner

2500 Body Height Clarification b/w Models & Option Groups (80.2" vs. 80.9")

Just went out and measured and like I figured it was the 80.2"
  16. Skinner

2500 Body Height Clarification b/w Models & Option Groups (80.2" vs. 80.9")

I have a Big Horn with the offroad package. If no one gets the measurement before I do I'll measure the height of my truck. On a side note I drove the Power Wagen and my Big Horn within a day of one another and in my opinion they ride different. The Power Wagen felt like it floated more. Might...
  17. Skinner

Weights from the scale. Front axel: 1790 kg (3946 lbs) Rear axel: 1930 kg (4255 lbs) Trailer axels: 2670 kg (5886 lbs) This was just with my dog and I in the truck. Usually my family and I with the dog is about 500 lbs of weight. This scale is from a uncontrolled weight station that has a...
  18. Skinner

I hit a provincial scale last weekend. When I get back out from this outing with the family I'll post up the weights. I was heavier that weekend also.
  19. Skinner

So made the trip yesterday with my travel trailer. Total distance driven was 646 km's (401 miles). Average fuel economy was 28L/100km (8mpg). Live economy was anywhere between 21l (11 mpg) to 36l (6.5mpg). Had a head wind half of the drive and rolling hills most of the drive. Used 200l (52 us...
  20. Skinner

When not towing I get about 6 to 14 l/100 km on the live economy when driving under 100km/h (62 mph) and on the average from stop and go in traffic it is usually at 18 l/100 km. 8 l = 29 mpg 14 l = 16 mpg 18 l = 13 mpg Overall I'm pretty happy with the Hemi and it's economy. I knew getting it...