Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. OuachitaAdventure

Aux tanks for Megacab and Tonneau Cover

I would double check on the gravity feed with the titan tank before ordering. I know one of those manufacturers( either titan or S&B) say that using a gravity feed with their tanks will void the warranty of their tank. May not stop the functionality, but something to consider.
  2. OuachitaAdventure

never had that. When starting from full with the aux tank open, it just continues to show maximum range until until the aux tank is empty.
  3. OuachitaAdventure

Laramie Mega Cab and Max Payload

mine is a big horn with the SO engine. 5570 is the payload. I've seen some of the high end models at around 4900, but most are above 5k. Gearing will affect your towing numbers, but shouldn't affect payload.
  4. OuachitaAdventure

Well, I got a tank that fits under the cover. Lund 50 Gallon. Used the RDS gravity feed and everything worked great on a 2k mile camping trip.
  5. OuachitaAdventure

To dually or not to dually is the question

Went to a dually with my current truck. i have a camper very similar to the one you mentioned in size and weight. I could tow it with a srw, but the dually is much more comfortable experience. The extra stability and control you have with those extra wheels is noticeable. Cross winds and such...
  6. OuachitaAdventure

21 3500 Mega Rattle in dash

had part of my heating system that was metal touching something else and caused an awful rattle. Took forever to figure it out. had to pull the dash to fix. Sounded like it was coming from the center of the dash.
  7. OuachitaAdventure

Delmonico Red ceramic coated

For the warranty to be in tact it has to be cleaned, inspected, and (in my case) touched up every year.
  8. OuachitaAdventure

Yeah, same here. My annual cleaning/inspection came out to around $500 for basically a full detail, inspection, and recoating of everything. the entire truck from top to bottom has the coating so it's a lot of area to cover.
  9. OuachitaAdventure

Looks Great! I have the ceramic pro on mine as well. You are fairly close on price to what that costs in the south for what you got. I see some people who claim $300-500 ceramic jobs and I have to wonder exactly what they are getting. I've had mine for almost two years and it has held up great...
  10. OuachitaAdventure

@RamCares

I appreciate @RamCares having a presence on this board, but don't get your hopes up. In my experience, you can get some parts expedited, but that's about it. In my situation, the dealer does what they want. I have had three different trips to the dealer and multiple emails and calls with a...
  11. OuachitaAdventure

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Going to try that tomorrow. just got my truck back from the dealer. Had to replace the cat. Mentioned the AC three times to Ram cares and the dealer. They all act like they've never heard of an AC. Someone from the Ram Cares team actually called me today to see how things went since they knew I...
  12. OuachitaAdventure

Calibrated Power tune 2020 2500 cummins

So it sounds like it's just included in the package and you don't have to add it as an option like you do with other tuners.
  13. OuachitaAdventure

HO vs SO driving/acceleration

Have a 19 SO. Dead pedal is real in this truck. I have also heard the 21s are better, but haven't driven one. Interested to see opinions of those who have.
  14. OuachitaAdventure

Calibrated Power tune 2020 2500 cummins

very interested in emissions in tact tuning. I've had deleted trucks in the past and I don't really want to go that route again. I'd like a little better shifting out of the 68rfe. I noticed calibrated power didn't have a trans tuning option, but has anyone noticed improved trans performance...
  15. OuachitaAdventure

AUX Tank Installation Prices

OP's quote was for labor only, not a tank.
  16. OuachitaAdventure

AUX Tank Installation Prices

Those prices are ridiculous. I don't have one myself, but several friends have had local shops here do them between 200-250. Doesn't help you in the PNW, but just a reference.
  17. OuachitaAdventure

Researching new wheels for my 2020 RAM 3500 dually

I think Alcoa makes a 19.5 that you can rotate that way, but that may not be a direction you want to go.
  18. OuachitaAdventure

** SOLD ** OEM LED Headlights

Are these plug and play for halogen trucks? I saw where retro shop is selling an adapter.
  19. OuachitaAdventure

Researching new wheels for my 2020 RAM 3500 dually

I just had mine rotated because of the front tires wearing so much. rears were great; fronts wear fast.
  20. OuachitaAdventure

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Seems simple right?? There are several other dealers within an hour of me. If I can't get it resolved with them after my SCR parts come in, I'll try some of them. I'll just have to take my truck in, leave it overnight, and all that stuff. Ram Cares has been zero help in getting the tsb done...