Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. A

Regen Cycles 2023 RAM 3500 6.7 HO

All good to know thanks
  2. A

Okay, now we are getting somewhere. Very good explanation of the system AH64ID! This is starting to make sense. One question remaining what creates more DEF usage?
  3. A

Okay seems that we need an engineer to weigh in here. How can anything injected downstream of the engine's cylinder/combustion chamber increase fuel mileage? Let alone reduce EGR regen cycles. On Friday night driving home from the hangar, I checked the DPF gauge, and it was still zero. 5 miles...
  4. A

So does DEF get burned in the engine? And how would I use more DEF?
  5. A

Been a RAM Owner for 22 years. This bogus emissions system is new to me and from what I am learning worsened the emissions from diesels and added a lot of negative issues to the best diesel engine made IMHO. Cummins have never smoked all that much unless you are over fueling. That's one thing I...
  6. A

Thanks I found the chart, I will be more mindful o the idle time. I live in Eastern Idaho, and we get a few weeks of -10 to -15F, so I was letting idle while refueling. I do wonder if that 60 was mostly on the previous owner since I am only doing an idle down of 3 minutes, but I will watch...
  7. A

From vehicle hours 227 total and 60 idle which seems excessive. Maybe too much? This could be the problem? However the truck did a regen for about 30 miles just the day before this last one. The DPF showed 0. When I headed home which is 27 miles another regen started about 1/3 of the way...
  8. A

Gotcha, I'll look tonight when I get back.
  9. A

BTW 7.400 miles on the truck and it shows 60 idle (which I guess is minutes) vehicle info page. I'll check total time. There is some around town time followed by 30 minutes of freeway at 75 mph.
  10. A

Thanks for all the help. As far as the 24 hour cycle I don't think that is even close. I drive 30 miles to work about 3-4 times a week. The idle down chart I have not found yet. I used to use 3 minutes, and later went to EGT when I had gages installed on my 5.9. Now the EGT will not come down...
  11. A

Sorry if this post should go in a different section. What is normal regeneration cycle frequency. My truck seems erratic. Sometimes 2-300 hundred miles then 50 miles. I had the Banks Monster Ram intake with the rest of the power bundle. Larger intercooler, and the Banks Intake filter system, and...