Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

DEF Capacity - Gauge

Thanks everyone. Good info.
  2. J

DEF Capacity - Gauge

Being new to the RAM 3500 / Cummins engine, I am trying to figure out how to gauge the volume in the dash DEF Gauge. I understand the total volume is 5.5 gallons (I think...) but how does that equate to the gauge? I am showing DEF at the half way mark so can I fill it up with at least 2...
  3. J

Tire Pressure unloaded

Reading higher PSI for the front and lower for the rears but my stickers show 65 front and 80 psi in the rear tires (SRW). I assume those psi are for loaded. I would like to air down for comfort but also achieve decent mpg when unloaded.
  4. J

Tire Pressure unloaded

At 50 front, 45 rear or any lowering, how is the mileage? Running 80 in the rear and 70 in front i was getting almost 17. But i only have 500+ miles on the truck.
  5. J

Tire Pressure unloaded

Thanks. I have the Toyo document and figuring out how to read it. My tires are LT285/60R20 125/122R. What does the 125/122R mean? Load index front/rear?
  6. J

Tire Pressure unloaded

Ok. Coming off of an F150 so I am learning. The dealer told me I would have to put up with a warning if I lowered the psi. Thank you very much.
  7. J

Tire Pressure unloaded

What tire pressure are folks running when not towing or hauling? My 3500 specs are 80 psi in the back and 65 in the front Which makes for a stiff ride but my concern is tire wear. If I bring them down to around 50, I’ll have to deal with the warning lights so that’s another issue. Any advice...
  8. J

Motorcycle Loader

Ah. Thanks for letting me know. BTW, any downsides to the Neo-Dyne ramp? I plan on mostly hauling my BMW 1250 with the TT but on occasion, the Street Glide to rallies.
  9. J

Motorcycle Loader

Thanks. I assume you have an 8' box? And close the tailgate?
  10. J

Motorcycle Loader

Just purchased a 24 Laramie 3500 Long Bed so I can haul my BMW 1250GS (600 lbs) and tow our TT. We are not looking to upgrade the TT to a toy hauler so I am searching for a motorcycle loader. Found one made by Neo-Dyne but all in I am looking at about $4600. How are others loading/hauling...
  11. J

New RAM Owner

New to the Forum, and Dodge. Well, I have been a Ford guy since college days but decided to look around at other trucks. My 2018 F150 XLT was fine. Pulled a TT last couple of years with no issues but was bumping up to the capacity limit. Now I need to also bring along a motorcycle this...