Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. A

Towing help needed for my 3500

Honestly, the truck towed it perfectly. The air bags make a huge difference and I don’t need a sway bar or weight distribution hitch. The only part of the trip that sucked was about 50 miles of cattle chute construction with no shoulders in the pouring rain with tractor trailers. But I enjoy the...
  2. A

Def my fault for not checking that. I didn’t know any better but I sure do now! I think that was probably the reason this happened. I’m having the bearings all repacked tomorrow for my return trip this weekend. I have a little bit of grease on two of the wheels faces so I’m just going to get...
  3. A

Im not 100% sure. But I did find a couple other wheels that I could turn the lugs about 1/4 turn with decent pressure. I kept checking them every fuel stop and some of them needed turned 1/4 each time. I’d say I had to retighten about 15 lugs out of 48. Does anyone know the actual torque spec on...
  4. A

Well here is my update! Made it to the Keys but spent 7 hrs on a road side repair outside Washington DC on the beltway when an entire wheel sheared all 8 lugs off. Terrifying experience. Thank god I had an entire replacement set up. But I had to Uber for some lug nuts. Ended up having to go to a...
  5. A

Thanks. I’ll let everyone know how it goes. I’m going to leave Friday. I have about 300lbs worth of gear and supplies that will get packed in the anchor locker and forward most floor box so I think all should be ok. Once I launch the boat in Miami I’m going to move that front support forward...
  6. A

Dual Garmin 24” screens, radar, night vision, 26 Marine JL speakers(subs total 300lbs alone), 300lbs in batteries for all plus amps. So probably a little over in reality.
  7. A

Well I did my best moving that boat forward and only got about 10”. Without a dual crane setup it was almost impossible to get it further. It added about 400lbs of tongue weight and towed pretty well at 70mph. In one last final change I’m going to dump about 1200 lbs of fuel out which should fix...
  8. A

Well I’m going to give it my best shot but if I can’t get it myself then I’m just going back to the marina and have them lift and set the bow bar back to stock position and then reload. Cost me a couple hours but it is what it is. I don’t want to have half ass it I know that much.
  9. A

Interesting there. No I never got a response back on cog. It will be really interesting to see how this plays out after, when I weigh it. I can see the original marks in the paint where the bow rest beam used to be. I’m going to put it back there. Get the boat to it, and then weigh it again...
  10. A

Luckily I can get right where I think I need to be to really get the heavy weight between fuel and engines. The bunks are gator bunks which will definitely help. Very little contact due to the ribbing and its smooth HDPE type plastic. Worse case I’ll go back to my marina and kill a couple hours...
  11. A

I looked it’s blue grease and does have a zerk fitting. And tell me about it with bearings. I have such bad luck with them. I got an entire hub, rotor, and wheel attached to the trailer for a spare just in case.
  12. A

No it was custom made to my specs and for my model. So embarrassingly enough I can launch a boat, but I have no experience loading one. I always just have my marina crane it on the trailer for when I need to come and go spring/fall.
  13. A

Yea the bow was slide back towards the rear which tells me the boat was loaded properly for me in Miami and then that was just unbolted and move to make contact. I can sling the rear with straps and a spreader bar but I can only do one end. So I’m hoping I can slowly pull it forward with the...
  14. A

I think I have a plan. I’m going to lift the stern area with my overhead crane which is good for 5 tons. Just need to lift an inch and then I’ll use the winch to pull it forward a foot or so. Hope that gets me what I need otherwise. I’ll be draining out 300 gallons of fuel.
  15. A

Yes it’s all fixed. Fenders and axles welded. It’s a beautiful trailer. Even lights up at night to match the gentian blue paint job haha.
  16. A

It’s custom made for the statement 380’s. So the bunks don’t even adjust, it’s laid out for the hull. I did noticed that the front rest was moved from its original position about 18” so my guess is that the boat got loaded wrong when it was pulled out of the water and then that was unbolted and...
  17. A

Yep, the new V10 400’s. She’s done a little over 80mph loaded up with gear and a handful of people.
  18. A

Update: weighed the tongue with a Sherline gauge….. 700lbs. About 4% tongue weight. I’m thinking that’s my problem huh. Now just need to figure out how to move it forward. Did notice this today. Some grease blew out. I know zero about bearings. Normal? Need to get to a shop? I pulled the...
  19. A

No it wasn’t set up for the specific truck. The trailer was ordered when I ordered the boat and just came as a package basically. It’s a manning trailer, and a lot of them go with MYCO trailers but I couldn’t justify another 20k in the trailer for a myco. The manning is beautiful and well built...
  20. A

No dead hookers, just… 9.8k boat dry 3k engines and rigging 1k stereo and electronics 2k fuel 2k trailer