Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. AirRyan

New Ram HD & I want to protect my heater core as best that I can - Zerex HD Extended Life better than MOPAR coolant?

No, not at this time. Not sure it's necessary on the new blocks and at most, I just plan on changing the coolant out more frequently than the owner's manual calls for. I like that Zerex HD Extended Life above.
  2. AirRyan

New Ram HD & I want to protect my heater core as best that I can - Zerex HD Extended Life better than MOPAR coolant?

Interesting point. Cummins did switch to a CGI engine block for 2019+ and maybe that corrected a lot of those plugged heater core issues? https://moparinsiders.com/next-generation-cummins-to-get-cgi-block/
  3. AirRyan

295/65/20

Great tool for reference. https://tiresize.com/calculator/
  4. AirRyan

I'm in a couple of FB groups for HD Rams and wow, all sorts of people having issues with either a plugged heater core that just needs to be flushed, or one that is already bad and the entire dash needs to be removed in order to replace it. Sometimes it's the blend doors, too. So I can't help but...
  5. AirRyan

New Delmonico Red Ram Rebel 2500 Cummins!

I love my truck! I was interested in a GMC 2500 AT4X HD but they were hard to find even at MSRP, and in this post COVID BS world I had grown tired of MSRP for theirs and wholesale for my trade. My local Ford dealer would let me order a Super Duty Tremor with X-Plan pricing, but the higher trims...
  6. AirRyan

Diesel Particulate Filter Gauge , Is It Working

Was just implying that higher cetane may have been resulting in less PM even getting into my DPF. I had a WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the EcoDiesel and had a good GDE tune on it early on. The difference was significant, and it helped the motor run better in the long run (disabled EGR and...
  7. AirRyan

I stand corrected. It's an LT285/60 on a 20" wheel, so it's 33.5" tire which rounds up to a 34". I was confusing my HD Rebel with the GM and Ford HD off road trims which do come with a 35". I thought that didn't sound right when you pointed that out, and I had to look it up before I went to...
  8. AirRyan

That is great if that is indeed the case, but I just didn't think it worked that way. I filled up for my third time this morning at Walmart and I think I need to go a little longer than just down to a 1/4 of tank left; I only got in 21g and there is 10g more to go! Otherwise, I don't need to...
  9. AirRyan

I had 900 miles on my 2023 Ram Rebel 6.7 when I dropped it off for TSB 18-074-23 for slow crank yesterday. Not sure I really had an issue or not, but the dealer said my VIN was eligible for the PCM update. I always drive around in the diesel summary page because I like to see all of that data. I...
  10. AirRyan

Confirmed: Bank's Monster Ram Air, boost tubes, and CAI on MY23 Rebel and no codes

First one was just the monster ram air and cold side boost tube. This thread added the hot side boost tube and Bank's CAI, which for some people was throwing codes. Wanted people to know I had all combined and no codes.
  11. AirRyan

Confirmed: Bank's Monster Ram Air, boost tubes, and CAI on MY23 Rebel and no codes

I did the install on the Bank's Monster Ram Air over the Veteran's Day holiday weekend, (brought back a little ironic PTSD from back when I was working on 35+ year old helicopters in the Marines 23+ years ago,) and then this last weekend finished up the other side with the hot side Bank's boost...
  12. AirRyan

Bank's Monster Ram Air install on MY23 Rebel

Yes and no! I removed the #5 fuel line because there is just so little room to get to the #6 unless you get the #5 rail out of there, but just loosened the #6 and rotated it out of the way. The fuel rail on my MY23 had the fuel return line and associated banjo bolt at the rear, which posed for a...
  13. AirRyan

Drove it last night the long way out to Costco and back; runs great. I'm not sure I can tell any difference but combined with the Banks boost tube on the cold side there, it sure does seem like it breathes just that much better. Revs and pulls strong. Hope to do the other side boost tube and...
  14. AirRyan

CAI throws P0402??

I hear you. I suspect most of those folks were most likely getting bad/old diesel and then found better diesel. That would be more probable. If you have bad diesel to begin with then additives aren't going to do much for you. What I do know for sure is that a higher cetane diesel results in a...
  15. AirRyan

CAI throws P0402??

That sounds like anecdotal and uncorrelated data to me. Most diesel fuel in the US is crap. Biodiesel makes it even crappier. Here in Texas they have a low-emission diesel mandate that requires a minimum cetane rating of 48, but that is only for the major metro areas in Texas. If you are on the...
  16. AirRyan

CAI throws P0402??

I like Hot Shot's Secret Everyday Diesel Treatment because a little goes a long ways, and it helps disperse water in your fuel which I don't believe the comparable Archoil product says it does. You can do 1oz per 25g of HSS EDT or 2oz per 25g for a performance dose. I've used Stanadyne and...
  17. AirRyan

CAI throws P0402??

Using a good diesel additive will help you in a variety of ways. First is increasing your cetane (like octane rating for gasoline,) which results in a more efficient combustion cycle which in turn means less soot being leftover to go downstream through your EGR and into your DPF. Also, avoid...
  18. AirRyan

It was a little more labor-intensive than I was anticipating because of how far back those last couple of fuel lines are, but once I figured out how to get back there and with which tool to use, I was able to get it. The Thoroughbred diesel Y/T video is excellent and the Banks install...
  19. AirRyan

CAI throws P0402??

That's nuts. Do you regularly use any diesel additives? Have you tried at least to run something like HSS Diesel Extreme or Archoil's Diesel fuel system cleaner? Why do we always get the impression that most dealers are just out to take our money?!
  20. AirRyan

CAI throws P0402??

That is very interesting because that actually makes much more sense! I called Banks after I received everything and asked them about this issue. They said most of the vehicles that come in there for installs get all of their products and the ones they do aren't getting these codes. If you all...