Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. hdas

Jack base for Ram 3500 Prospector

Well…That’s the thing. When you are overlanding, flat ground could be hard to find…
  2. hdas

Ok. Thanks. I’m thinking that if I do the wood block, I need to custom make the “hole” or indentation to accomodate the jack, mimicking the AEV style bases, I’m I correct?
  3. hdas

wood can crack and break....was looking for something more robust.
  4. hdas

Hi, I'm wondering if people with lifted trucks have some recommendations for a jack base to make my stock jack suitable for my lifted RAM (12.5cm x 10cm). Online search is yielding little. Thanks a lot.
  5. hdas

Recommend Me a good Jack for Offroad

Hi, I'm setting up my overlanding rig. One thing I've haven been able to figure out is what is a good Jack for a big HD Truck (RAM 3500). I'm mostly thinking about tire change and not lifting the car for recovery. I was initially thinking about the ARB Jack, which is quite price, but I've been...
  6. hdas

Price negotiated from MSRP

I got about 14% off MSRP….out the door (including taxes), sort of in line with these big discounts. That don’t include the cost of shipping.
  7. hdas

Price negotiated from MSRP

Does this mean that for a 90K truck you get 10% -9k off 10% -9k off (based on zip code) Total 20% of MSRP? —- $72k Truck??
  8. hdas

Custom Bed Considerations

Thanks!. It seems that it would be wise to use the garage to house the spare. Making it a bit less useful for storage in general.
  9. hdas

Nobody else????
  10. hdas

Hi All, I have a 2023 SRW 3500 Laramie. Currently considering installing a Bowen Custom Bed. One of the options I have is to have is to have a 18 inches "garage" near the cabin, which will necessitates a longer bed. Also, I'm a bit concerned that I'm giving up the rear bumper, so losing...
  11. hdas

Taking care of your truck - Heavy Winter Considerations

can't find a link for the 5th gen one :(
  12. hdas

Is there a way to know for sure if this one fits?.............can't really find one that explicitly says it fits a 3500 2023. But
  13. hdas

Accommodating a 37" Spare: Can It Fit in the Original Under-Bed Space on a RAM 3500?

There's a thread about this issue for the TRX
  14. hdas

Accommodating a 37" Spare: Can It Fit in the Original Under-Bed Space on a RAM 3500?

Hi All, I recently encountered a noteworthy suggestion about stowing a full-sized 37" spare tire. I’ve seen a DIY project where someone managed it on a Tundra with a 35" tire, and I've also viewed photos from an individual who proposed this idea in another forum. It appears that some minor...
  15. hdas

2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

White Knuckle seems to be only game in town. I need to dig deeper into their powder coating process. It could be rust magnet.
  16. hdas

2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

Curious to know what has kept you from installing some sidestep bars or rock sliders.
  17. hdas

Vail area Yes Cummins Meaning, you are plugin the engine block heater to the z-wave smart plug?
  18. hdas

Great to know!. I need to inquire about Utah, NM and Arizona That's quite generous, let me find out if it fits. Thanks a lot.
  19. hdas

what does this entail?, if you could elaborate... Do you install this and don't remove it the whole winter? Im assuming this is the same "underbody and cavity protection" Mr @DrTron alluded to. Right?