Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. oppizzippo

1000 mile range

My 4.10 regular cab gets 16+ on the interstate. It uses eco more than my power wagon(2015 so 6speed) ever did. I'm currently on a vacation trip, I made the same trip last year. So far I'm averaging over 2 MPG better than last year. Changes from last year: soft bed cover, replaced muffler...
  2. oppizzippo

Harsh trans clunk and engine knocking dealer no longer responding to me.

It sounds like an exhaust leak to me. The hemis are known to warp exhaust manifolds. Have another dealer check for an exhaust leak. As for the trans, I remember on a forum back when I had my charger that low fluid caused harsh downshift. Might have someone check the fluid level.
  3. oppizzippo

Timber Grove bags.

Any pictures you can share? Are you using a manual fill or did you add some sort of auto air?
  4. oppizzippo

Powerwagon light bar options?

Any insight on the install process?
  5. oppizzippo

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Oil change, fuel cleaner, and tire rotation today. Made these for fat guy clearance. Worked perfect. On the oil change did something that's probably controversial.... Used a Ford filter This size filter is what the 6.4 in the cars call for. They make a SRT filter this size, but it's made...
  6. oppizzippo

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

Oil change day 7.5qt of Redline 0w40 and a Ford Racing Filter....I know it sounds crazy, but the fl820 is the size/rating the 6.4 hemi in the cars calls for. There is a SRT filter available, but it's made in Poland. Went with the Ford racing that's Made in USA. Plenty of room for the big...
  7. oppizzippo

Newbie. 2022 Power Wagon

Great looking truck and Welcome!
  8. oppizzippo

Installed Amp Research Bed Step today. Easy install, super handy to have. I installed the reverse lights a week ago. It's the dual mount from NH Overland. This is the inbound location, so as you can see plenty of room for a 2nd light with the step. The light is the DOT/SAE fog pattern from...
  9. oppizzippo

Installed a bed cover for an upcoming trip. Going to miss the toolbox, but it's nice to have some "dry" space. It is a FAS-TOP Original. I was really tempted to go with a soft topper, but I decided to save the money and invest it in rear springs to fix that rake. Thuren soft ride 1/2 lower...
  10. oppizzippo

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

I've been running an experiment, I drive about 200 miles round trip to my office once a month. Previous couple months been running 87 and just looking at the dash and it's been in the 14.3-14.8 range. Finally did a "real" test. Late last month did 87, last week did 89. Totally unscientific...
  11. oppizzippo

Pulled the trigger, love the truck!

Great color! Welcome aboard
  12. oppizzippo

Sumo Spring Fitment - 2022 Ram 2500 6-4 bed, 6.4 HEMI

Long post short: Yes people have cut them down. Lots of great info in this post: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/sumo-springs-installed-and-tested-ongoing.11694/
  13. oppizzippo

Is wiring a relay for a cigarette lighter to power a dashcam difficult?

In the fuse box there is a fuse for that plug that you can switch one spot over and it'll be switched on with the key. There are a few posts about this on the forum if you search. example: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/12v-dash-power-outlet.15602/
  14. oppizzippo

CO newbie

Welcome aboard, Great looking truck!
  15. oppizzippo

Thinking about replacing my winch cable with a Synthetic rope.

Go for it! Check your fairlead, you'll want to make sure its very smooth and not damaged or it'll damage the synthetic rope. Might want to budget in a new one as part of the upgrade.
  16. oppizzippo

It is not, I did look at that as an option. This has some packing and then a cone that causes a low pressure zone inside the muffler. The twister has a twist all the way through, I think they work on similar principles.
  17. oppizzippo

All welded. They even painted the welds, first class job. I hope tomorrow I can drive it on the highway at different speeds. In town the MDS has a little more volume but in my opinion less vibration. It also seems to kick in and out of MDS more. Hopefully that's just the computer learning...
  18. oppizzippo

Went back and forth on duals vs single. Ultimately went with a single 3.5 Jones Turbine. Local shop did a great job and I think 500$ was a good deal also. I haven't drove it enough for a real review. I think it sounds awesome so far.
  19. oppizzippo

The drivers side is perfect, the passenger side took a tiny bit of stretching to make it snap in.
  20. oppizzippo

Picked up some RAM floormats for my vinyl floor. The vinyl floor is great, but I find it annoying to clean. These should make that easier.