Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. M

mopar Power Deployable Running Boards

Just wanted to state that you can install the power step module in the factory location on the 2500. You just need to extend the harness.
  2. M

Actually if you modify the harness by extending it you can mount the controller in the factory location. I was able to do so. Also you can't use the 1500 harness as is. It will require modification for the fuse box connection at a minimum as well as the connection into the star port
  3. M

I'm not sure about the 2019 version but they are available for the 2020 and 2021 versions. They take a bit of effort to install and you need to take off the lower half of the dash & media console but I think it's well worth the effort.
  4. M

These running boards are pressure sensitive to obstructions when they deploy and retract. In my experience if the hinges get dirty they may mistake the drag due to the dirt as an obstruction and reverse when retracting or deploying. I have found that if they have trouble retracting you can use...
  5. M

I purchased a Limited Crew Cap and the wiring harness was not installed. I had to purchase the harness from the 1500 kit and extend the wires to make it reach the passenger side of the cab to connect with the power side steps controller module. You will have to remove sections of the dash in...
  6. M

@tozz43 If you would not mind can you let me know what you find out? I just experienced that issue yesterday. I've also experienced an issue where they were deployed and then won't retract, they try to retract 1/2 way and then stop and fully deploy again. I did eventually get them to retract...
  7. M

Thank you, I was able to remove it. I was trying what you suggested but I guess I did not pull hard enough to get it out. Next step is to remove the 12" radio console so I can then remove the dash around the glove box to gain access to run the wires and install the power step module...
  8. M

I'm struggling trying to remove the star can ihs connector from the terminal block. I can't seem to figure out how they are removed? I'm pushing the side pin towards the connector and can't seem to get it loose. Any guidance would be appreciated.
  9. M

Does anyone know if this is the correct STAR CAN IHS connector? It does not seem to fit the 2500 so maybe I need to replace it with the white version?
  10. M

I just got my parts and have several questions Does anyone know the torque settings for the fusebox power connector and the running board bolts that go into the rivet nuts. Which STAR CAN IHS block does the connector go into that connects with the PSSM? There are two as shown in @johanh13 post...
  11. M

Hi @johanh13, I would be interested in bare-naked grey connector. I've got my harness and that...

Hi @johanh13, I would be interested in bare-naked grey connector. I've got my harness and that is all i'm missing. Let me know how much you want to ship it to me. I live in Evergreen, CO. 80439
  12. M

Hi @Jimmy07. You mentioned you had extra parts from building the harness for @johanh13. Do you happen to have the part for the grey connector? The dealership was unable to track down the sub part of the kit that has that connector. They even reached out to Chrysler but were unable to...
  13. M

The Grey Connector is separate in the kit as once you feed the wires thru the firewall you need to insert the wires into the grey connector. There is another wiring harness 68422689AB - that connects the ground and canbus wires.
  14. M

Johanh13, how did you mount the running boards on your truck? Are there factory holes that we install the rivet nuts into, or did you use something else?
  15. M

I took back the kit and ordered the following parts - 1 68361654AA - Power running board Right 1 68361655AA - Power running board Left 1 68367399AE - Controller Module These were also on the worksheet with the boards but not entirely sure if I needed them. Dealer told me I can return what...
  16. M

Hi The dealership I purchased the boards from told me they would add the code to my system. I would prefer to get the correct boards for my vehicle. I've got no problem returning everything to them and starting over. As for the codes, The dealership told me they would add the code to my...
  17. M

Hello, This is a wonderful thread. Sounds like @Jimmy07 , @johanh13 have been successful installing the Mopar Power Running boards on their 2019 2500's. I just picked up the parts from the dealership and was told this was the kit I needed. The part number is 82215287AC. I was told by the...