Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. R

HELP - Lots of power but start switch is dead (or now crazy)

This story ends with truck in the dealership for 10 days. All but the last day was spent messing around with the key. Some diagnostic flowchart probably said if truck won't respond to the key, check out the key. I told them both keys behave the same way and took them the second key so they...
  2. R

Well my truck has been in the dealership for a week now. When I dropped it off it did one of its hard fails and refused to respond to the fob at all or the door open/close trick. I left the dealership with it blocking the drive through service area feeling good about them experiencing the most...
  3. R

Yes for a straight scan tool that is pretty cool. Small for sure. If I was going to spend the money I would go the alphaobd route so I could make a few changes as well.
  4. R

Yes I wouldn't expect this type of fault to set the CEL or a simple OBD scanner to be able to query the hub. I was just trying to get some insight into what diagnostic steps the dealer might take when they hook up to the truck.
  5. R

Opening and closing the door is kind of like a “canbus reset”, since it re-wakes up all the modules on the bus. Maybe the rf hub goes into some kind of “coma”, and wakes back up when you open the door. Does the hub itself generate DTCs?
  6. R

Does it monitor door status? I'm trying to make sense of why door open and/or close seems to temporarily reset things.
  7. R

Can you give me an idea of what the RF hub actually does?
  8. R

No moisture that I can detect. I've had thoughts along those same lines though. If the hub is back behind the seat I'd better get all the stuff I have stashed back there out of the way before taking it in. Is rear seat removal needed to gain access to it?
  9. R

For the benefit of anybody who may have some similar issues I will expand on my trucks behavior before taking it in for service. My trucks repertoire of odd behavior expanded quickly after I started driving it again. The original start behavior is still present but now has been joined by...
  10. R

So now my truck wants to behave nicely. After more than 20 cycles of preheat and then an engine start (with cell phone ready for a video ) it has not exhibited any problem. So I have started driving it again being very conscious of where I park in case I need a tow. I have ruled out the...
  11. R

I'll look at the voltage there. I assume that would show me if there was a resistance in the strap connector itself. This I can just measure as well. I fully seated the fuses back when the first no start condition showed up. I agree it seems like something is suffering from a low voltage between...
  12. R

That's a really good idea. Now I just need it to screw up for me again.
  13. R

It seems my batteries are just fine as well. I made 8 tips to the garage over the course of the day to check the trucks behavior and measure the battery voltage. First 4 trips the voltage before openning the door voltages were 12.8 to 13.0 volts. The trucks behavior was just as you would...
  14. R

Yes to the "solid click" when attempting to start with low voltage. I don't experience that at all which is what I would expect. My running boards have zipped out and back as always throughout this whole thing. I pulled the battery charger off this AM and after a couple minutes got 13.0 volts...
  15. R

At some point yesterday I started thinking about the batteries as well. What seems weird about that is when the starter turns over there is no sign of the voltage drop that usually accompanies starting on a week battery. Now that the truck is in the garage I will investigate this further...
  16. R

Well like I said I got three starts after pulling out the Naviks and running overnight on the battery charger. Then it went back to the no response no start condition. I have chased this now for most of the day. Sometimes it starts, other times it is a more or less dead dash except for push...
  17. R

Well I violated the law of the single variable. Since I was doing so much trial and error things I put a battery charger on it last night. Then since it looks like a trip to the dealership is in the cards I pulled out my Navics module. Since this truck is still under warranty and work in the...
  18. R

Well luck is not on my side. Fuse 51 tests OK. That would be too simple. We have a winter storm warning for Denver now and all 4 windows are down.. I will need to do something about that sooner than later. Looks like next is get it towed somehow.
  19. R

Yes I pulled that fuse and looked at it. It looked OK but I will pull it again and actually test it. Looking back I had two other occasions of odd behavior but opening and shutting the door seemed to restore everything. That was a couple thousand miles ago though. Is there a way to get the...
  20. R

Anyone know if there is such a thing on the 6.7 with a 68RFE?