Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. RyanShine12

Front Differential Growling

Also, finally bit the bullet and deleted. Had a brand new DPF installed 4 months ago and it was so clogged again they were going to have to replace it, again! After the delete? Wow, no more issues. Haven't had to go to the dealer since. Cannot believe how much better this truck drives now.
  2. RyanShine12

I forgot to report back for anyone needing more information. My issues seemed to come from the 6" ReadyLift install missing the index ring to clock the t case. Installer skipped that very important part. Had an offroad shop near me install that, once the TC was clocked down it returned the...
  3. RyanShine12

Not a bad idea! I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer, they bend the rules quite a bit to take care of me. It is in warranty still, power train for another year, and I bought the extended bumper to bumper to 100k. I am going to ask them about this upgraded shaft. They did put a...
  4. RyanShine12

From what the tech I spoke to is saying, you are correct.. there is a defect in the manufacture of these drivelines and Chrsyler knows about it. Which is why I am going to swap it out with aftermarket. I am not going to sit around waiting on Ram to fix this issue, it only took 2 years to get a...
  5. RyanShine12

I have, they look like the same shaft, quality as well. I guess it'll come down to availability and install options. I don't want to drill and tap if I don't have to.
  6. RyanShine12

Grinding in 4H

Yeah mine was there for the entire summer waiting on a tcase, got it back on Friday. Didn't fix anything. Back to the dealer it goes. I'm pretty convinced it's the carrier.
  7. RyanShine12

Good to know, and agreed! It's getting harder to defend our trucks against my GM buddies when mine is in the shop every 3-4 months for major repairs. We still have Ford beat though. Thanks for the info, I will update my tech on the carrier bearing fix. I don't think he put in a updated front...
  8. RyanShine12

It's turning out that this is not rare and becomming quite common. Same issue in my 2019 2500. I had failures on both ends, bearing failure in T-Case (replaced), and front shaft CV joint came apart (replaced). Tech saw pitting on spiders and has a new carrier on order. Grinding in 4WD is...
  9. RyanShine12

Grinding in 4H

Did you find a solve for this? I am currently having the exact same issue. Truck went to dealer end of June, just getting it back today. The did front shaft and replaced the T-Case (metal shavings). Tech said spider gears have some pitting as well, but not out of tolerance. He said it still...