Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. DownShiftz

whats your air bag pressure

That’s one great feature to the wireless Firestone system I have. If I set it at 65# unloaded and then load the 5er it will self adjust to hold that 65#. I do not know if the factory setup is like that.
  2. DownShiftz

Tires, Nitto Ridge Grappler or Toyot Open Country AT3?

Same tire. I noticed it too immediately especially at speed. I’ve had for a few months now and either they have calmed down tremendously or I’m just used to it already but it’s not something I think about even if the radio is off.
  3. DownShiftz

Fog light for 2019 Tradesman

Nut- 68404464AA. These are j-nuts that go in the mounting holes in the bumper bracket so you can mount the fog light bracket to it. - $0.50 ea. Bolt- Hex Head 6508065AA. These screw into the j- nuts-. $1.39 ea.
  4. DownShiftz

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Get the bed light kit from Mopar it is inexpensive. A member on here has a tiny write up about it with part numbers. It was just a day or two ago. Then get the LED strips and tie into the power at the factory switch. That way they’ll come on together whenever you activate bed lighting.
  5. DownShiftz

Trimmed the inner plastics. Just used an abrasive cutoff wheel and smoothed out with a ScotchBrite wheel. Does not need any rivets or plastic push pins, the fit is very snug.
  6. DownShiftz

New Front Bumper

New design change is supposedly already revised and is in production. Shipping should start within weeks I was told by two sources including Steelcraft. The 2018 will work with some modification to part of the center plate that meets the hitch. I’m awaiting the revised version.
  7. DownShiftz

New Front Bumper

It does not add much length at all. The D-ring probably is the only thing affecting the OAL. From the face of the letter A in RAM to center face of bumper is 3.750” The D-ring adds an additional 2.500” I can take some better side shots tomorrow. Let me know if you need more specific dimensions.
  8. DownShiftz

Thanks, I’m grateful for all the legwork you and others have done to make this easier on the rest of us.
  9. DownShiftz

Ahh man I need this in my life so bad. About to dig into this soon hopefully.
  10. DownShiftz

The matching rear has two cut-outs for LED pods and tabs for 2 D-rings. My dealer quoted $489. Oh, both front and rear allow you to retain sensors.
  11. DownShiftz

They are on sale for $750 + freight at most online vendors. I got mine locally for $640 here in Houston and picked up to avoid shipping charges.. They have a winch model for $1000
  12. DownShiftz

The bolts that attach the tow hooks are 18mm with fine threads and they are about 4” long. They are torqued down extremely tight. Getting any kind of leverage from a breaker bar is tight quarters. I don’t have a lift in my shop so I drove up on some 6x6” blocks stacked on top of an additional...
  13. DownShiftz

This is more of a progress report, I have much left to do. The bumper is a Steelcraft Fortis. Texture is mild, pretty smooth actually so should be easy to clean. I love the look. Aggressive but not over-the-top transformer thingy. Build quality is top notch, the factory bumper is a beer can...
  14. DownShiftz

New Front Bumper

This is more of a progress report, I have much left to do. The bumper is a Steelcraft Fortis. Texture is mild, pretty smooth actually so should be easy to clean. I love the look. Aggressive but not over-the-top transformer thingy. Build quality is top notch, the factory bumper is a beer can...
  15. DownShiftz

LED Cargo Bed Lights Wiring ?????

Now that you’ve added the factory set I suggest doing this as several of us on here have. Just some high quality led strips attached with 3M tape. Basically turns daylight on in the bed of your truck when you really need some light. You can tie into your new existing power and switch for the...
  16. DownShiftz

WTB 2019 front bumper

I know this is a little dated but where are you located? I’m in the Houston area and will give you a steal on an OEM chrome bumper.
  17. DownShiftz

Age Poll

Early 40’s and I still get ID’d when trying to buy a bottle of Scotch if clean shaven.
  18. DownShiftz

Is there a difference between OBDlink and AlfaOBD?

OBDLinkMX+ works with iPhone/iPad but as diagnostic only. If you are wanting to change truck parameters/features you'll need something like AlfaOBD to go with it. Android and Windows only. I have both and suggest getting both. You can run the software on just about any low level device, you do...
  19. DownShiftz

Front winch setup

The price is right if it’s in good condition. Do you have fab skills/equipment? With very little effort you could make it a little more attractive by adding some tapered flares to the left/right making it a little wider. That winch alone is $600-700 new so I’d say it’s a steal if you think you...