Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. F

Throttle lag

Just took mine off last night because I have to take the truck in tomorrow for some warranty work and an oil change. Good god it sucks driving this truck without it now. It seems like it takes FOREVER for the turbo to spool and start providing power.
  2. F

22 Cummins Tune Install

I really appreciate the info, no need to text. I guess my reason for going through what you're going through is not the same reasons. When it comes time to do all the work you are doing, I am probably going with the full delete. There won't be anymore warranty left on my truck at that point...
  3. F

22 Cummins Tune Install

lol ok relax, my country is your country friend. I am not trying to get anyone in trouble here, and last I checked, its still a free country and whatever you decide to do with your property is your choice. I just have questions is all. Like I stated, when people tune their trucks around here...
  4. F

22 Cummins Tune Install

So you still have your DPF stuff installed on the truck? Plans to just rid it soon? I need to explore this thought process, and forgive me if this is a stupid question, because every truck I am around, once deleted so is the DPF stuff. We dont require emissions in the rural county I live in. So...
  5. F

Throttle lag

Banks Pedal monster..... Fixes all the lag. Makes everything feel SO MUCH better. Takes 5 min to install. It has 30 different settings, and honestly I keep it on number 4. Anything higher than this feels too sporty and causes the transmission to downshift much too quickly for my taste. I...
  6. F

BK up alarm

Like your truck beeps when you start to get too close to something? Mine is on my aux switches next to where I turn on my exhaust brake or tow mode. There is an option to turn off rear sensors and front bumper sensors if that helps??? I too have the 8.4" screen but nothing is controlled through...
  7. F

22 Cummins Tune Install

@Riddick you are the man for just going for it. Will be watching this thread in how it shakes out.
  8. F

Does Ram Care actually care??? I think not!

yup kind of agree. I wasnt going to say anything. I dont have the asin but the rfe dipstick recall has been out for some time. Every time I am at the dealership, they say they dont have parts. RAMCARES creates a post asking who has not had it done. So I go through giving all the info, dealer...
  9. F

Vibration at 60-65

Sure I understand all that but the guy specifically came to me and said "you have two tires high at 75". No idea what that means. Either way, truck has been way better. Have not towed anything with it yet and this is when it was the worst. Towing the travel trailer this thursday and camping with...
  10. F

Banks Pedal Monster

Today is the first day with it. Been driving for about an hour on hwy and around town. City 4 or 5 is where I like it. I don’t see a reason or need for the higher levels. I’m shocked what it does just at these lower levels. Night and day difference. I can tell the computer is trying to relearn...
  11. F

Vibration at 60-65

At tire shop now. Asked if they had a road force balance machine and they guy giggled and said they just got the machine this week. So I asked to have that done. According to him, half way through the job he said two tires were really high at 75. I have no idea what any of that means but he said...
  12. F

Edge EZX info.. good or bad?

I am just going to live with the pedal monster for now. Maybe if the derringer ever comes out, Ill go that route and play with that some. If they ever make it to where they can just flash these trucks without fully replacing, ill think about a full delete. I sure do like the way my buddies...
  13. F

Edge EZX info.. good or bad?

@joshuaeb09 as mentioned in another post, I have the pedal monster here tomorrow. Plan on installing it this weekend. I looked at the Edge EZX, but really all I am trying to get out of my truck is less pedal lag. I dont think I really want/need all the other stuff the EZX comes with. What is the...
  14. F

Vibration at 60-65

So definitely have thought about this. Starting with tires first, and wasnt overly satisfied two weeks ago when I took them to be balanced and the kid who balanced my tires said one was off by 4 oz in the front. Also, I am pretty sure I heard a loud knock (like a tire threw a rock against the...
  15. F

Banks Pedal Monster

Ordered it as a stand alone. I really think I’ll find where I like it and just leave it alone, not needing the idash gauges. I don’t like a ton of information flying around anyways when driving. Hoping it’s here by end of the week so I can get it installed and give it hell for a camping trip...
  16. F

Banks Pedal Monster

did you do the stand alone or did you get the idash gauge? Thinking ill just go the stand alone and run it through my phone. Can always add the gauge later if id like
  17. F

Banks Pedal Monster

Thinking about getting one for my Ram 2500 diesel. Have heard good things, but wanted others opinions. I dont race my truck all over town, I do tow quite a bit but nothing extreme. Honestly, I could live with the truck stock, but if there is a way to get rid of that initial sluggishness, I...
  18. F

Loud Clutch Fan?

was your "rrrrring" not going away after you were above 35-45 mph? My truck does the same thing the OP stated in his post. Its definitely a fan I hear on my truck, again as the AC is on, and after the truck gets above 40ish mph, it goes away. Just curious if your noise never went away no matter...
  19. F

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

Tells on me WAY too much when I get home later than I should be from the bar or other girlfriends house when I get out to open the gate. In all seriousness, not a fan of the 3 honk chirp. I get why its there, and you cant win them all. I have a buddy who puts his keys in the middle console, so...
  20. F

Vibration at 60-65

So ill be taking it back to the tire shop on friday. Was going to head back to the lake to get another practice day in for an upcoming tournament. But its just too noticeable this morning. Vibration is not in the steering wheel, also it just sounds like the tires (if that makes sense). I am...