Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. 3

Lifter Failure? Report it here!

So far with the new trunnions truck has been quiet. Hopefully there isn’t any damage on the cam.
  2. 3

Thats interesting, no real rhyme or reason why these things do what they do. Ive heard quite a few people have good results with the 5w-40. Gets around the engine sooner on start up
  3. 3

2019+ Frequent Regeneration Issue Tracking Sheet

My next purchase will be the banks intake manifold. Super happy with even just the CAI
  4. 3

Correct. Don’t want to mislead anyone. They are far less frequent. I was starting to worry there for a bit
  5. 3

So XDP trunnions have been in for a couple days, finally got to get the oil good and hot today. Im cautiously optimistic, Tic is good as gone at all RPM’s. We will see in the coming weeks. If my assumption is correct a lot of the valvetrain issues may be an oil delivery problem. Think about...
  6. 3

My truck had frequent regens anywhere from 150 miles to 200. I had a drop in K&N. After reading some of the posts, went ahead and got a banks CAI. Havent had a regen yet. These trucks are very very picky
  7. 3

Not sure if India is who they usually use. I thought most of the parts came from Mexico.
  8. 3

I’ll get a better look tomorrow. They are definitely sub par. Easy install. Plenty of oil going down the pushrods to those thirsty lifters.
  9. 3

Well I know the original version doesn’t work so I’m assuming this new groove pattern is better. It’s got a baby one that is wider. Hard to see photographer sucked. The new one already had some slight scuffs after 2 weeks of driving. Lack of oiling for sure
  10. 3

So, I had an idea. I think this may fix the problem, only time will tell. Obvious difference in oil flow over rockers when idling with valve cover off. These are the upgraded XDP Trunnions. You can see the bigger hole and oil flow path.
  11. 3

Haha, The 4th Gens would be familiar platform for me. No special tools needed to do valvetrain work. Those fords have awesome cab space though, and they are fast out the box. To expensive for me though. I just like diesels and have a passion for them, haha. I could probably drive a f150 and...
  12. 3

Yeah the pushrods were only wore on the rocker arm side, they were perfect on the lifter side.
  13. 3

IDLE 416 DRIVE 2040
  14. 3

Tell me about it. Do the conversion? or look for another truck?
  15. 3

Ok so ordered new rocker assembly. So now I have upgraded pushrods from manton. Mopar rocker assembly. Truck is just shy of 80k now. The wear scares me. Currently running 10w-30 amsoil. Before this oil change it was 5w-40 valvoline blue . My 06 had over 200k on stock trunions, they looked...
  16. 3

Honestly I would rather bushings. Less things to go wrong. Not to mention the trunions have been bushings since like 89. I really think this situation is like the 68. It’s getting exaggerated. I hate the tick but someone will figure it out. I’m just waiting on my rockers. Hopefully that solves...
  17. 3

I did hear that. Don’t know where
  18. 3

I know exactly the guy you’re talking about. Was it a 6.0 lifter he was comparing it too? The holes are smaller, whether that is good or bad. I got into a pretty good discussion online with the guy. Didnt agree with some of his accusations. I claimed the the bearing in the lifter was burnt...