Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Tsys100718

What are some must haves in your truck and where do you keep them?

In every vehicle I own, trimmed down for the motorcycles of course. Spare weapon, and at least on spare mag. Usually two or more. Trauma first aid kit. Emergency shelter. Emergency sleeping bag. Water purification 'straw', with detachable pump. Approx. 500 ft of paracord. As complete a tool set...
  2. Tsys100718

Welcome and enjoy your new truck! I also had a stack of new accessories, and some transferred from my old RAM, waiting for my new one!
  3. Tsys100718

HO vs non-HO MPG

You do know that the vehicle displays are VERY optimistic right? Did you actually run the numbers? My display shows an average MPG of 9.3, but the calculator in my fuel tracker app shows 8.4. The overwhelming majority of that was towing a rather large fifth wheel.
  4. Tsys100718

HO vs non-HO MPG

Like I said, it won't turn 'em over for long, but yes Sir it will spin 'em on dry pavement! And that is with the traction control on. I've never turned that off. I guess I'll have to try it! Latest mileage update, across 116.191 gals, mostly towing a 39+ ft toy hauler @ 17k lbs … 8.2 mpg...
  5. Tsys100718

HO vs non-HO MPG

On a tank, my sporty gets about 100 mpt. But it's only got the 3.3 gal peanut tank and a fairly heavy Lehman trike conversion!
  6. Tsys100718

HO vs non-HO MPG

If I want good fuel mileage, I ride one of my trikes! 30 and 38 respectively. The 2002 carbureted Sportster actually gets better mileage than my fuel injected Tri-Glide!
  7. Tsys100718

HO vs non-HO MPG

From what a dealer told me it's because 3500 and up are considered commercial vehicles. Don't know if it's true or not. However, I DO know that all I have to do is mash the fuel pedal with my HO version and it'll smoke the rear tires! Not for long, but it will spin 'em! As far as MPG goes, I'm...
  8. Tsys100718

Foam door cup holders

OR, maybe you didn't buy it from Rich's dealer !!!!! My 2019 Tradesman came with both sides. I use them like a lot of other people, for empty water bottles, coffee cups, spare keys I don't want to lug around but need. The wife's side is constantly stocked with water bottles kept full for our...
  9. Tsys100718

2019 Ram 2500 Power Locking Tailgate Wiring

Welcome to the Forum! I've only had experience, unplugging it! Not sure what you want to tap into it for? Does the A.R.E. Z series have a lock tie-in? If so, I would imagine the selling dealer might be able to help, or it might come with a plug and play wiring harness!
  10. Tsys100718

Another newb checkin in...

Welcome and nice truck! Can't wait to see what it looks like when you're all done! Though, if you're like me, it's never done!
  11. Tsys100718

RE: New First Time Ram Owner

It takes time for everyone to decide just what statement they want their truck to make, so just breath, relax and envision what you want yours to say!!
  12. Tsys100718

2020 Ram 2500 / Toy Hauler Matchup

The 'toy' weight in the back will actually lighten your hitch weight a tad. In my case it doesn't matter much with the new 3500 DRW CC, BUT it DID on my old 1500 Bighorn CC with the short bed.
  13. Tsys100718

RE: New First Time Ram Owner

Nice truck and welcome to the forum!
  14. Tsys100718

Lets see those crew cab long boxes!

I bought them from CarID. I bought them for a 2020 2500 CC that I had 'purchased', but the dealer played games, so I bought a 2019 3500 CC from another dealer and they fit fine. They are AVS® 194109 - In-Channel Ventvisor™ Smoke Front and Rear Window Deflectors...
  15. Tsys100718

The roof racks, are not made anymore, I don't think. But try these by the same manufacturer: (please keep in mind, that the ones I had on my 2017 CC Bighorn transferred with a little adjustment to fit my 2019 CC Tradesman) INNO Rack 09-18 Fits Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab Roof Rack System...
  16. Tsys100718

Are you ready for my sarcastic sense of humor? I don't need a chrome fuel door to attract my attention to where the fuel cap is! And it took me a month to get a front license plate bracket from the dealer! And where are your roof racks? Sorry, I thought I posted that pic!
  17. Tsys100718

What’s in your garage?

TBPH, my ram sets backed almost all the way in my carport. My outbuilding, where everything else sits is an old refurbished 3 story barn. My older vehicles, motorcycles and fifth wheel reside on the lowest level. the newer, more used vehicles reside on the second floor.
  18. Tsys100718

So far, I've added my aux fuel tank with a solenoid and switched fuel pump, narrow front tool, a Reese 20k 5er hitch, a fifth wheel tool box at the back of the bed, roof racks for bikes and kayaks, tailgate ladder, front bug deflector, vent visor in-channels. 'I like big butts and I cannot lie'...
  19. Tsys100718

5th wheel hitch choices a 2019 Ram 3500 short bed

AND, you could always use the old trucker trick for hauling air tired vehicles! Just let a bit of air out of the tires to load and unload, to get a bit more clearance. I used to do this with high rubber tired tow motors to get bridge clearance. I'm assuming you'll carry an air compressor. You...