Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Snagster123

Rubbing / Grinding sensation in the driveline....

So these Power Wagons dont have clutches in the differential... they are gear driven positrak units... They have replaced the entire rear diff/carrier along with new fluid. they did add friction modifier which I dont understand adding for a unit without clutches. IDK...
  2. Snagster123

hill start.. turned off. They have replaced the entire rear carrier.. no change.
  3. Snagster123

At this point, I am hanging my hat on either the Transmission or the Transfer Case. Pretty sure the Transmission has clutches in it. Does the Transfer Case have clutches or is it Gear or Chain driven?
  4. Snagster123

Dealer says no. But to be honest, it does sort of feel like a brake pad sticking... this truck has a lot of systems related to the brakes like Hill Decent, Hill Launch, antilock brakes, Adaptive Cruise Control, Collission Avoidance, etc... something in there could be messed up...
  5. Snagster123

Dealership did all that. I paid for a front end service (fluids), and they changed out the entire carrier assembly in the rear axle. Not the u-joints.
  6. Snagster123

Dealer checked the brakes.. no issues!
  7. Snagster123

Already done by the dealer!
  8. Snagster123

2020 PW: so after about 7 trips to 2 different dealers, STAR cases, etc.., they still can't diagnose. Rubbing / Grinding at slow speed like 0 to 4 mph then it goes away. This happens in forward and reverse, but not in neutral. Kinda tells me it's in the trans or maybe in the T-Case. I'm...
  9. Snagster123

"Camera System Unavailable" Blackout Screen

2020 PW: Ram wants to put a new 8.4 head unit (radio) in the truck. I have read somewhere that the older 8.4 head units didn't work so good with the U-Connect... Can anyone confirm this? Problem is the camera system goes blackout randomly, using reverse, or any of the cameras (my truck has...
  10. Snagster123

Drivetrain rubbing / grinding sensation at slow speed from launch

Finally got my truck back last Friday. Still no answers on this rubbing/vibration issue. The told me to drive it until it gets worse or something breaks. That is a BS answer. They recognize there is a problem but can't diagnose it. A few other things they had to fix back in 2021/2022 were...
  11. Snagster123

So far, i have RAM customer case #, dealer has a STAR case#, and I have been in touch with RAM CARES here on this website. I guess we will see what happens. But I talked with the Service Manager on Tuesday and they had no answers then and stated I may need to drive it until the problem gets...
  12. Snagster123

I'm leaning more towards the electronics on the truck activating the brakes or there must be a master brake control valve/mechanism hooked into the computer that may not be functioning correctly.... ???
  13. Snagster123

yeah.. i dont think its the tires either... but what master techs want they get...
  14. Snagster123

My truck has a lot of options.. Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Hill Decent, Collision Avoidance. They are all turned off though. Perhaps there is flaw in the software that is slightly activating the brakes at low speeds? Or maybe a valve that is not working right in the braking system...
  15. Snagster123

Thanks for the vid... that sounds very different from what I have going on. My issue has almost no noise.
  16. Snagster123

Dealer said they checked the brakes and they are fine. I'm not so confident that they actually checked the whole system, as in pulled the calipers checked the pistons and slides...etc.
  17. Snagster123

yeah... it does not feel like a bearing.. it is more like a rubbing, brake grabbing, or something binding... feeling. diff clutch discs rubbing? Not sure but I am getting tired of Chrysler / Ram not being able to diagnose it. I am still under the drivetrain warranty but they simply can't...
  18. Snagster123

All power wagons have the rear diff locker (elocker) and also a front diff locker. when the front is not diff locked it is a positrack. Yes, in 2 wheel drive.
  19. Snagster123

2020 Power Wagon (all stock) about 32K miles: I continue to have this problem only at slow speed 0 to 4 mph. it is like a rubbing sensation and significantly worse with the wheels turned left or right. Dealer can diagnose. So far they have replaced the rear diff carrier, and changed the fluid...