Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

2022 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi with the 8 speed transmission slipping and cold start sound.

Ya it seems like a weak point this is a pic of where I fixed it.
  2. J

2022 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi with the 8 speed transmission slipping and cold start sound.

Above the catalytic converter which is factory but I was over the dealership lagging so I just welded it up at home.
  3. J

Thanks to everyone on this thread. I picked the truck up I guess the sound after the cam and lifters was a broken exhaust bracket. Which I welded up and now it’s solid. Truck runs a little better to so prayers I’m in the clear. Here is a pic of my idle hours as well truck has 49k
  4. J

It made the sound again after the cam and lifter replacement. I didn’t hear it but the tech said it wasn’t as loud but he could still hear it. He said he would look further into it. It’s frustrating I just want to trade it in for a Cummins already lol
  5. J

Update: The dealer did a cold start and there is still a slight sound so I am not even sure the cam and lifter replacement fixed the issue SMH ‍♂️
  6. J

I’ll be sure to get that info tomorrow when I pick it up. What is considered high idle times ?
  7. J

Well I went to the dealership they are holding the truck overnight to make sure the cold start sound isn’t replicated. I took a photo of the cam and lifters I didn’t see any heavy scratches. Hopefully it’s fixed tomorrow.
  8. J

Damn 6 months wow thanks for the tips. I’m almost thinking of just trading it in for the diesel. I’ve started to document everything and reached out to ram care for support as well.
  9. J

I too agree with you. I requested for the mechanic to hold the cam and lifters so that I can inspect it. Hopefully this fixes the problem but I suspect it won’t.
  10. J

So apparently they didn’t find any metal in my oil control valve (VVT) and they are replacing the cam shaft and lifters. Does this sound like this will fix the problem?
  11. J

How long did they take to replace your motor ?
  12. J

Thank you for the tips here. How do I create a case with ram cares?
  13. J

Well the dealership decided to remove the intake to get to the oil control valve VVT to inspect it. Let’s see what happens next.
  14. J

Good looking out I will be sure to relay that information. They are keeping the truck over night to replicate the cold start in the morning. A new motor would be awesome I do have the lifetime warranty which is a plus. Ohh and yes the sound goes away once the motor warms up like after a min or so.
  15. J

Remote Start

Here are the buttons QTEATAK 200 Pcs 10 Value Micro... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LCBLB8N?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
  16. J

Remote Start

I drove for 3 hours and it didnt work I bought some micro buttons off ebay.
  17. J

Remote Start

Man so I was able to solder the buttons on a program the truck. The trunk release works really good but when I press the button for the auto start it just beeps once and thats it.
  18. J

I have a 2022 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi with the 8 speed with 3.73 gears. When going up a steep grade while towing a 8000lbs travel trailer 4500 rpms (assuming at 3rd gear) the transmission feels like its slipping and starts making a slight dull sound. Has anyone experienced this before this is now...