Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. L

Lets see your black trucks with aftermarket wheels

2021 4500 Laramie, Stazworks, 37s.
  2. L

22 Ram 5500 reviews

I was way off. Just 2”
  3. L

22 Ram 5500 reviews

I can check. Probably 4-5”. Cost was about 2300 shipped. I installed myself. They have a reputation for terrible instructions but this is pretty self explanatory. They did send a hodgepodge of coarse and fine nuts and bolts that didn’t match up requiring a couple trips to the hardware store...
  4. L

22 Ram 5500 reviews

I put the Kelderman 2 stage on my 4500 and ride quality is much better. Worth a look if you want to stay with a 5500. You’d want to do it before the new bed to make sure bed mounts don’t interfere. You can get it with or without the integrated hitch.
  5. L

Bouncing

What PSI are you running? I don’t know if a tire change will make a huge difference but you don’t need 80psi for that weight unless you have a lot in the truck too. I would go with Bilstein 5100 or 5160s myself.
  6. L

New long travel removable air bags from CJC Off Road

Looks like they are saying you lose too much uptravel with the bag plus cradle. I had bags with a 2” spacer plus cradle with 4” deavers on my prior truck and had way more uptravel than I could use when bags were aired down. Pretty limited number of people will need this setup I think.
  7. L

AEV Front Bumper - No Flairs

The longer ends made for regular wheel opening would look fine with no flare or just the little factory one. The short ends are made to line up with their high mark fenders. I may do that at some point but needed the short ends or 37s would have hit. I definitely am thinking about options to...
  8. L

Carli 3500 coils on a 4500

Much appreciated.
  9. L

Thanks. So these might work? Anyone have an early gen 4 and can confirm their coil length up front - with or without carli coils?
  10. L

Hello, This may be a foolish question so flame away. I have a ‘21 4500 4wd diesel. I had a few reasons for going with a 4500 over a 3500 and it is not a daily driver. The heaviest payload I’ll have is my camper which put me at 5500lbs up front. I’ve since added an AEV bumper and winch, so let’s...
  11. L

Ram HD Hood Badges???

They pop right out and right back in with clips. You should be able to check easy enough. They aren’t stuck on like the others.
  12. L

Winch Options for RAM 2500 6.7L on AEV Bumper

No but wondering if I should and then get their close out cover for a clean look.
  13. L

Xbull 14.5k fits easily. Had to pull the full guard to drop it in but not too bad.
  14. L

After reading a bit more, just went with xbull too. I ordered their 14.5k yesterday. Can’t go wrong with $425 if it holds up well.
  15. L

Just bolted my AEV on yesterday. The space is not terribly small I didn’t think although about a 1/2 inch too small for my monster superwinch talon 18k I already have. I’m either going with another superwinch 12k for about 830 or a sherpa steed or stallion. Just need to double check measurements.
  16. L

Mud Flaps

REK on the 4500. Some cheap foam 1” extensions as well to cover some of the poke…
  17. L

4500 Camper/Jeep Hauler Build

Yes, aluminum. Their website sucks. Their Facebook page has much more info.
  18. L

Thanks! Check out stazworks. You can find some really mixed reviews out there. Some people had some issues 6 or 8 years ago. A lot of more recent positives. I have no issues so far. I have the most recent model and they say they were tested at 8k each. They are massive forged wheels so I am not...
  19. L

Yeah, none the same as the modifications keep coming. I’m still deciding between a kelderman vs aev bumper so have the stock one chopped for now to fit the 37s and axle relocation. Running the super singles but have a matching rear set of duals being made (stazworks). Front will stay the...
  20. L

Awesome build. I had a very similar scenario this spring/summer. 5500 on order, unable to be delivered in many months, found a 4500 and bought it. In my case a ‘21 Laramie with 30k on it. I’ve done just the 2 stage rear kelderman, also a chrome delete. I was planning to build my own bed but my...