Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Hambone11

Key Proximity Issues

I had that issue with another RAM of mine after replacing all the interior lights and cargo lights with aftermarket LED lights. Did you happen to replace any of your lights with LED’s? I’m reaching, but it’s worth throwing it out there. Good luck trouble shooting.
  2. Hambone11

Too much chrome?

Taking off the sport sticker was the first thing I did on mine. I used a heat gun to warm up the sticker and it came off easily in one piece.
  3. Hambone11

Too much chrome?

My 22 2500 bighorn with the sport package had the black grill with the chrome RAM and chrome slats as you described. It did not have the front camera mount. I’ve since traded it in for a ‘24 Laramie with the full chrome grill.
  4. Hambone11

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I will try and get a picture of the whole dash at night in the next day or so. The part numbers are as follows: 68312667AC. LED lamp. You need two (2) of these. One for the left side of drivers steering wheel and one above the ignition Switch. 68291948AC. lamp and tube for glove box. i...
  5. Hambone11

I don’t remember seeing an extra plug when I took both gloveboxes off. I wonder if it’s plugged into the back of the dummy plug where the light is suppose to be?? I will try and pop it out tomorrow and see……..
  6. Hambone11

My lower glove box does not have a light either. (The upper one does). If there is a way of adding the light to the lower glove box, that would be another project that I would have on my list of to do’s.
  7. Hambone11

Installed the missing dashboard LED accent lighting in my 2024 RAM 2500 Laramie. I read in other posts that if the wiring and plugs are in the dash then the installation is basically a plug and play once you order the LED lights. I checked behind the drivers side vent, and low and behold, the...
  8. Hambone11

Reverse camera

Setting a place holder for this question. I was wondering the same thing. if I’m backing, I just want the backup camera, not the 360 camera taking up almost 1/3 the scree width real-estate.
  9. Hambone11

Truck moves when put in park with Emergency Brake engaged

My 2022 and now my 2024 2500 does the same As others had mentioned, if I take it out of drive (or reverse if I was backing) and unload the torque on the suspension before I put it in park, it doesn’t move. I have to remember to do that every time I line up to the ball of my trailer.
  10. Hambone11

Deleting / Turning off clearance lamps help

Outstanding. That’s great info to have. Thank you Brutal_HO
  11. Hambone11

Oh perfect!! Thank you!
  12. Hambone11

Thank you. Knowing which side the wire runs is a good start. Adding a switch is one idea I had but I don’t have the aux switches. So if I do it, I’ll hide the switch somewhere.
  13. Hambone11

I just traded in my 22 RAM 2500 bighorn for a 24 2500 Laramie complete with 5th wheel prep package and clearance lamps (along with a number of upgrades from my Bighorn). I’m not a huge fan of the looks of the clearance lights on pickups, but I got what I felt was a great deal that I didn’t want...
  14. Hambone11

Weird sound when initially moving forward

My 2022 2500 does the same thing. After reversing and shifting the transmission into drive, I get a quick squealing sound just like you describe. I come to a complete stop before shifting as I’m sure you do too. I don’t remember it ever happening when going from drive into reverse. Only when...
  15. Hambone11

Power Folding Mirrors Parts List. 2021 & 2022 RAM 2500 Bighorn.

Happy day!! Glad you figured it out.
  16. Hambone11

Yes, to the best of my recollection, it’s just one setting change under power folding mirrors present: YES. If I find something else, I’ll post it here.
  17. Hambone11

On mine, I had made the changes to alpfaobd several days before the install and the mirrors folded right after the installation. Have you tried cycling the ignition a time or two?
  18. Hambone11

2022 Ram 2500 CCSB Bighorn headliner coat hook removal

Thank you. This will be helpful info to have. I plan on installing a dash cam and rear cam in the near future. Where are you grabbing the power from? I’m planning on tapping into the rear view mirror power.
  19. Hambone11

Jimmy07 is the bomb!! I followed his post and added proximity entry front door handles a few months ago. He is like the RAM whisperer! Haha.
  20. Hambone11

Perfect, good to know! All the parts should be here by next week. I already activated the power mirror option with AlfaOBD. Should just be plug and play when I get everything correct? I don’t need to run any new wires to the switch right? Just the wires coming from the new mirrors to the...